Monday, April 17, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Chicago Blackhawks head to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Monday, April 17, 2017 in Game 3. The Predators lead the series 2-0. The opening line for this game has the Blackhawks at +106 and the Predators at -117.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago had a regular season record of 50-23-9 and on the road they had a record of 24-13-4. They finished the season 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 244 goals and given up 213 goals for a point differential of +31. The Blackhawks have an overall record of 3-3-4 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 46-32 and an over/under record of 37-32-13. Nashville finished the regular season with a record of 41-29-12 including 24-9-8 at home this year. They were 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 240 goals and surrendered 224 for a goal differential of +16. The Predators have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 39-41 while their over/under record sits at 41-35-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 46-32 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 37-32-13 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-41 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-35-6 against the over/under
Key Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
04/15/17 LW Andrew Desjardins Lower Body "?" Monday vs. Nashville
04/12/17 D Michal Rozsival Facial out indefinitely
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
04/15/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Upper Body "?" Monday vs. Chicago
04/15/17 LW Colin Wilson Lower Body "?" Monday vs. Chicago
Patrick Kane has accumulated 89 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 34 goals this season with 292 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 55 assists on the season and averages 21.4 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews has averaged 20.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 21 goals on 199 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 32 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 1,691 shots against him and has given up 138 goals. He has made 1,553 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 14 goals this season with 154 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 31 goals on 246 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,757 shots against him and has given up 144 goals. He has made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blackhawks have 109 total points this season. They have scored 244 goals while giving up 213 goals. They have had 233 power play opportunities and have scored 42 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Blackhawks have allowed 211 power play opportunities and given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.73% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 94 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 259 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 241 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Blackhawks have a total of 240 goals scored while they've given up 224 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Chicago has a Corsi percentage of 49.8% as they've attempted 4,618 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,653 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.4% as they have 3,347 attempts while they've given up 3,427 shots on the defensive end. The Blackhawks start possessions in the offensive zone 52.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.4% for the season. They have 2,236 face off wins compared to 2,474 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.5%. On defense Chicago has 1,178 hits and they've blocked 1,226 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,776 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,570 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 3,545 shots while they've given up 3,460 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.4% as they've compiled 2,599 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,453 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,110 shot attempts and they have 1,660 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Blackhawks/Predators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Nashville -117 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville -117
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.