Monday, March 27, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Colorado Avalanche travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Monday, March 27, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +243 and the Flames at -275. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 74 games. They have an overall record of 20-51-3 and on the road they have a record of 9-27-1. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 145 goals and given up 249 goals for a point differential of -104. The Avalanche have an overall record of 3-7-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 20-54 and an over/under record of 30-33-11. Calgary shows up with a record of 42-29-4 including 22-15-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 207 goals and surrendered 202 for a goal differential of +5. The Flames have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 38-33 while their over/under record sits at 31-35-9.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 20-54 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 30-33-11 against the over/under
Important Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 38-33 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 31-35-9 against the over/under
Key Colorado Avalanche Injuries
02/20/17 D Nikita Zadorov Ankle out for season
01/26/17 GO Semyon Varlamov Hip out for season
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
Matt Duchene has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 17 goals this season with 145 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 18.3 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 15 goals on 229 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Calvin Pickard has 13 wins and 26 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,275 shots against him and has given up 118 goals. He has made 1,157 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Flames. He has 21 goals this season with 185 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 16 goals on 168 shots. He has 40 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 968 shots against him and has given up 87 goals. He has made 881 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Avalanche have 43 total points this season. They have scored 145 goals while giving up 249 goals. They have had 218 power play opportunities and have scored 27 goals on those chances for a percentage of 12%. The Avalanche have allowed 253 power play opportunities and given up 56 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.12% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flames have a total of 88 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 234 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 252 power play opportunities and have given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 207 goals scored while they've given up 202 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.38%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 48.1% as they've attempted 3,854 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,154 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.3% as they have 2,863 attempts while they've given up 3,187 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 49.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.9% for the season. They have 2,387 face off wins compared to 2,048 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.8%. On defense Colorado has 1,561 hits and they've blocked 967 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 4,116 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,042 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.2% as they have 3,046 shots while they've given up 3,018 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 49.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.2% as they've compiled 2,238 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,309 face off losses. On defense Calgary has blocked 1,024 shot attempts and they have 1,433 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Avalanche/Flames NHL game against the moneyline? Tony's Pick: Take Calgary -275 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Calgary -275
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.