Colorado Avalanche at Detroit Red Wings NHL Picks & Predictions 11/19/2017
Sunday, November 19, 2017
Little Ceasars Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Colorado Avalanche head to Little Ceasars Arena to take on the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, November 19, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Avalanche at +160 and the Red Wings at -178.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado has a record of 9-7-1 this year and away from home they have a record of 3-6-0. They are 6th in the Central Division. They have tallied 60 goals and surrendered 57 goals for a point differential of +3. For the year they have an ATS mark of 9-8-0 and an over/under record of 12-5-0. Detroit has a record of 10-8-2 including 4-2-2 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 60 goals and have given up 54 for a goal differential of +6. Their record against the spread is 10-10-0 while their over/under mark is 9-11-0.
Valuable Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 9-8-0 straight up this year
The Colorado Avalanche are 12-5-0 against the over/under this season
Important Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 10-10-0 straight up this year
The Detroit Red Wings are 9-11-0 against the over/under this season
Key Colorado Avalanche Injuries
11/10/17 D Patrik Nemeth Undisclosed IR (11/08)
11/05/17 D Anton Lindholm Jaw IR (11/04)
10/22/17 C Tyson Jost Lower Body IR (10/19)
Key Detroit Red Wings Injuries
11/17/17 RW Martin Frk Lower Body is "?" Sunday vs. Colorado
11/17/17 D Danny DeKeyser Ankle IR (11/17)
11/16/17 RW Luke Witkowski Suspension 10-game suspension (eligible to return 12/11 vs. Florida)
10/15/17 RW Johan Franzen Concussion IR (10/03)
Nathan MacKinnon has scored 20 total points this year for the Avalanche. He has 6 goals this season with 48 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 14 assists on the year and averages 18.9 minutes played per contest. Mikko Rantanen averages 18.1 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by tallying 6 goals on 39 attempts. He has 11 assists, giving him a total of 17 points on the year. Semyon Varlamov has 7 wins and 3 losses this season in goal for the Avalanche. He has 377 shots against him and he's surrendered 34 goals. He's made 343 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Henrik Zetterberg has 12 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 4 goals this year with 50 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 8 assists on the year and averages 19.9 minutes played per contest. Anthony Mantha averages 17.4 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 10 goals on 52 attempts. He has 9 assists, giving him a total of 19 points on the year. Jimmy Howard has 8 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has 465 shots against him and he's given up 32 goals. He's made 433 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Avalanche have 19 total points this year, which is 22nd in the NHL. They've scored 60 goals while giving up 57 scores, which has them ranked 8th and 13th respectively. They have had 69 power play chances and scored 15 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That is 9th in the league. The Avalanche have given up 69 power play opportunities and surrendered 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking them 23rd when short-handed. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 12.05% for the year. They allow 34 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 21st in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Red Wings are 10th in the league with a total of 22 points this season. They have 14 power play goals on 64 chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 7th in the NHL. They've given up 72 power play opportunities and surrendered 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%, ranking 7th overall. As a team, the Red Wings are 9th with a total of 60 goals scored while they've given up 54 goals this season, ranking 19th in goals against. They average 32 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.48%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 5th overall in the NHL.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 45.2% as they've tried 892 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,083 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 30th in Corsi percentage. They are 30th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 45% as they have 676 shots while they've given up 825 attempts on defense. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 45.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.1% for the year. That puts them 27th and 4th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 461 face-off wins as opposed to 612 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 43%. That is 31st overall in the NHL. On defense Colorado has 317 hits and they've blocked 258 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 24th in the league.
The Red Wings are 17th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 50.1% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 49.9% for the season, which is 13th in the NHL. They have 600 face-off wins compared to 637 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.5%. That is 22nd in the league. On defense Detroit has 370 hits and they have blocked 247 shots from the opposition, which is 27th in the league. Detroit is 19th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.1% as they've attempted 1,123 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,164 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 49.1% ranks 18th as they have 884 attempts while they have given up 917 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Avalanche/Red Wings NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Colorado +160 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Colorado +160
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.