Saturday, January 21, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +248 and the Sharks at -280. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 43 games. They have an overall record of 13-29-1 and on the road they have a record of 8-13-0. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 87 goals and given up 145 goals for a point differential of -58. The Avalanche have an overall record of 1-9-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-30 and an over/under record of 17-21-5. San Jose shows up with a record of 28-16-2 including 16-6-1 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 122 goals and surrendered 105 for a goal differential of +17. The Sharks have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-18 while their over/under record sits at 10-22-14.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Matt Duchene has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 15 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 11 goals on 144 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Calvin Pickard has 7 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 638 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 577 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 16 goals this season with 154 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 19 goals on 177 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Martin Jones has 23 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,024 shots against him and has given up 86 goals. He has made 938 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have 27 total points this season. They have scored 87 goals while giving up 145 goals. They have had 141 power play opportunities and have scored 20 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Avalanche have allowed 164 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.19% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sharks have a total of 58 points on the season. They have 24 power play goals on 144 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 122 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 122 goals scored while they've given up 105 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.80%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 46.8% as they've attempted 2,195 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,500 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.5% as they have 1,641 attempts while they've given up 1,885 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 47.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.2% for the season. They have 1,400 face off wins compared to 1,226 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.3%. On defense Colorado has 988 hits and they've blocked 615 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,696 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,550 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.3% as they have 1,980 shots while they've given up 1,809 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.2% as they've compiled 1,300 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,396 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 741 shot attempts and they have 921 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 13-30 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 17-21-5 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 26-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 10-22-14 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/04/16 D Erik Johnson Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/19/17 D Tyson Barrie Lower Body "?" Saturday vs San Jose
01/18/17 GO Semyon Varlamov Groin out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take San Jose -280
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.