Saturday, January 14, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Columbus Blue Jackets travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Columbus comes into this matchup having played 40 games. They have an overall record of 28-8-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-4-3. Currently they are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 135 goals and given up 90 goals for a point differential of +45. The Blue Jackets have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-12 and an over/under record of 15-21-4. Florida shows up with a record of 19-16-8 including 10-8-3 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 100 goals and surrendered 114 for a goal differential of -14. The Panthers have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-24 while their over/under record sits at 16-21-6.
Zach Werenski has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 100 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Cam Atkinson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 20 goals on 121 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 26 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 960 shots against him and has given up 66 goals. He has made 894 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 13 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 856 shots against him and has given up 66 goals. He has made 790 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have 60 total points this season. They have scored 135 goals while giving up 90 goals. They have had 120 power play opportunities and have scored 31 goals on those chances for a percentage of 26%. The Blue Jackets have allowed 112 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 11.18% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Panthers have a total of 46 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 148 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 134 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Blue Jackets have a total of 100 goals scored while they've given up 114 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.32%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Columbus has a Corsi percentage of 49.6% as they've attempted 2,221 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,259 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.9% as they have 1,669 attempts while they've given up 1,675 shots on the defensive end. The Blue Jackets start possessions in the offensive zone 50.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.1% for the season. They have 1,147 face off wins compared to 1,250 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.9%. On defense Columbus has 771 hits and they've blocked 584 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,491 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,256 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.8% as they have 1,904 shots while they've given up 1,771 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.2% as they've compiled 1,266 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,362 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 485 shot attempts and they have 902 hits as a unit.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 26-12 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 15-21-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 16-24 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-21-6 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
10/10/16 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
10/10/16 GO Joonas Korpisalo Groin out indefinitely
01/12/17 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Illness is upgraded to expected to start Friday vs. Tampa Bay
01/11/17 LW Matt Calvert Illness out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Ankle out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/11/17 F Greg McKegg Upper Body "?" Friday vs NY Islanders
01/11/17 C Seth Griffith Concussion expected to miss 7-10 days
01/08/17 C Nick Bjugstad Groin out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Columbus
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.