Monday, January 9, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Monday, January 9, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +140 and the Kings at -160. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 40 games. They have an overall record of 16-16-8 and on the road they have a record of 5-10-4. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 103 goals and given up 121 goals for a point differential of -18. The Stars have an overall record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 16-24 and an over/under record of 18-22-0. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 20-16-4 including 12-5-1 at home this season. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 98 goals and surrendered 99 for a goal differential of -1. The Kings have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 19-20 while their over/under record sits at 12-21-7.
Jason Spezza has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Stars. He has 7 goals this season with 75 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Tyler Seguin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 14 goals on 137 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 7 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 562 shots against him and has given up 52 goals. He has made 510 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 79 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 23 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 22 goals on 127 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 36 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 18 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 807 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 742 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Stars have 40 total points this season. They have scored 103 goals while giving up 121 goals. They have had 145 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Stars have allowed 133 power play opportunities and given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.59% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Kings have a total of 44 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 115 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 127 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 98 goals scored while they've given up 99 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.03%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 50.1% as they've attempted 2,357 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,352 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.7% as they have 1,758 attempts while they've given up 1,710 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 47.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.3% for the season. They have 1,268 face off wins compared to 1,286 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.6%. On defense Dallas has 788 hits and they've blocked 642 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,384 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,014 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.4% as they have 1,751 shots while they've given up 1,465 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.3% as they've compiled 1,200 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,185 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 549 shot attempts and they have 1,215 hits as a unit.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 16-24 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 18-22-0 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 19-20 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 12-21-7 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
12/07/16 D Julius Honka Wrist out indefinitely
11/01/16 C Mattias Janmark Knee expected to miss 5-6 months
10/31/16 RW Ales Hemsky Hip expected to miss 5-6 months
01/06/17 LW Jamie Benn Foot out indefinitely
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.