Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars head to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +162 and the Canadiens at -180. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 75 games. They have an overall record of 31-33-11 and on the road they have a record of 11-21-5. Currently they are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 206 goals and given up 238 goals for a point differential of -32. The Stars have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-44 and an over/under record of 40-35-0. Montreal shows up with a record of 42-24-9 including 22-11-5 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 204 goals and surrendered 187 for a goal differential of +17. The Canadiens have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 39-33 while their over/under record sits at 27-33-15.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 31-44 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 40-35-0 against the over/under
Important Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 39-33 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 27-33-15 against the over/under
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
11/01/16 C Mattias Janmark Knee out for season
03/26/17 RW Jiri Hudler Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs. Montreal
03/25/17 LW Patrick Sharp Hip out for season
03/03/17 LW Antoine Roussel Hand out indefinitely
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/25/17 D Nikita Nesterov Undisclosed "?" Tuesday vs. Dallas
03/25/17 C Brian Flynn Upper Body out indefinitely
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Stars. He has 25 goals this season with 278 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 45 assists on the season and averages 18.6 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 19.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 25 goals on 185 shots. He has 42 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Kari Lehtonen has 20 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 1,411 shots against him and has given up 134 goals. He has made 1,277 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 15 goals this season with 135 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 33 assists on the season and averages 18.3 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 33 goals on 249 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Carey Price has 34 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,661 shots against him and has given up 128 goals. He has made 1,533 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have 73 total points this season. They have scored 206 goals while giving up 238 goals. They have had 247 power play opportunities and have scored 45 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Stars have allowed 234 power play opportunities and given up 61 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have a total of 93 points on the season. They have 44 power play goals on 218 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 239 power play opportunities and have given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 204 goals scored while they've given up 187 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.14%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 50.4% as they've attempted 4,493 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,426 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.7% as they have 3,315 attempts while they've given up 3,221 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 48.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.7% for the season. They have 2,336 face off wins compared to 2,366 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.7%. On defense Dallas has 1,430 hits and they've blocked 1,205 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 4,308 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,146 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51% as they have 3,128 shots while they've given up 3,008 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.9% as they've compiled 2,299 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,306 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 1,138 shot attempts and they have 1,688 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Canadiens NHL game against the moneyline? Tony's Pick: Take Dallas +162 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Dallas +162
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.