Dallas Stars at New Jersey Devils NHL Picks & Predictions 12/15/2017
Friday, December 15, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars head to Prudential Center to take on the New Jersey Devils on Friday, December 15, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Stars at +109 and the Devils at -120.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas has a record of 18-13-1 this year and away from home they have a record of 8-9-1. They are 4th in the Central Division. They have tallied 96 goals and surrendered 92 goals for a point differential of +4. For the year they have an ATS mark of 18-14-0 and an over/under record of 17-14-0. New Jersey has a record of 17-9-4 including 7-5-2 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 94 goals and have given up 92 for a goal differential of +2. Their record against the spread is 17-13-0 while their over/under mark is 16-13-0.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 18-14-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 17-14-0 against the over/under this season
Important New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 17-13-0 straight up this year
The New Jersey Devils are 16-13-0 against the over/under this season
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
12/14/17 LW Antoine Roussel Elbow is "?" Friday vs New Jersey
11/12/17 D Marc Methot Knee IR (11/08)
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/13/17 LW Marcus Johansson Ankle IR (12/13)
12/13/17 LW Taylor Hall Knee left last game, is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs Montreal
11/22/17 RW Kyle Palmieri Foot IR (11/20)
11/15/17 D Mirco Mueller Collarbone IR (11/12)
Jamie Benn has scored 29 total points this year for the Stars. He has 13 goals this season with 101 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 16 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. Tyler Seguin averages 20.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by tallying 14 goals on 134 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 28 points on the year. Ben Bishop has 13 wins and 9 losses this season in goal for the Stars. He has 668 shots against him and he's surrendered 61 goals. He's made 607 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Jesper Bratt has 20 total points this season for the Devils. He has 9 goals this year with 49 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 11 assists on the year and averages 16 minutes played per contest. Nico Hischier averages 16.2 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 5 goals on 64 attempts. He has 15 assists, giving him a total of 20 points on the year. Cory Schneider has 12 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has 709 shots against him and he's given up 57 goals. He's made 652 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have 37 total points this year, which is 11th in the NHL. They've scored 96 goals while giving up 92 scores, which has them ranked 11th and 16th respectively. They have had 97 power play chances and scored 18 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That is 18th in the league. The Stars have given up 112 power play opportunities and surrendered 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 16th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.28% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 19th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils are 10th in the league with a total of 38 points this season. They have 19 power play goals on 93 chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 9th in the NHL. They've given up 110 power play opportunities and surrendered 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking 9th overall. As a team, the Devils are 13th with a total of 94 goals scored while they've given up 92 goals this season, ranking 17th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.49%. As a unit they give up 33 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 13th overall in the NHL.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 51.9% as they've tried 1,866 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,727 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 8th in Corsi percentage. They are 7th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 51.8% as they have 1,379 shots while they've given up 1,285 attempts on defense. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 49% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51% for the year. That puts them 21st and 9th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,066 face-off wins as opposed to 977 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.2%. That is 5th overall in the NHL. On defense Dallas has 664 hits and they've blocked 442 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 23rd in the league.
The Devils are 29th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 46.2% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 53.8% for the season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 900 face-off wins compared to 1,003 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.3%. That is 29th in the league. On defense New Jersey has 669 hits and they have blocked 444 shots from the opposition, which is 22nd in the league. New Jersey is 29th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 46.8% as they've attempted 1,601 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,817 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 47.3% ranks 27th as they have 1,232 attempts while they have given up 1,373 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Devils NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +109 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +109
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.