Thursday, February 9, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, February 9, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Stars at +118 and the Senators at -130. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this game having played 54 games. They have an overall record of 21-23-10 and away from home they have a record of 7-14-4. The currently are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 148 goals and surrendered 172 goals for a point differential of -24. The Stars have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-33 and an over/under record of 27-27-0. Ottawa shows up with a record of 27-18-6 including 14-8-6 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 137 goals and surrendered 141 for a goal differential of -4. The Senators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 23-24 while their over/under record sits at 22-27-2.
Jason Spezza has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Stars. He has 8 goals this season with 100 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. Tyler Seguin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 20 goals on 197 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Kari Lehtonen has 11 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 937 shots against him and has given up 92 goals. He has made 845 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Senators. He has 8 goals this season with 124 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 18 goals on 91 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Mike Condon has 15 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 826 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 753 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Stars have 52 total points this season. They have scored 148 goals while giving up 172 goals. They have had 184 power play opportunities and have scored 33 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Stars have allowed 180 power play opportunities and given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 73%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.98% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Senators have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 28 power play goals on 163 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 164 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 137 goals scored while they've given up 141 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.16%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 50% as they've attempted 3,218 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,220 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 2,409 attempts while they've given up 2,349 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 48% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52% for the season. They have 1,680 face off wins compared to 1,729 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.3%. On defense Dallas has 1,077 hits and they've blocked 871 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,831 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,009 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.8% as they have 2,071 shots while they've given up 2,175 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.8% as they've compiled 1,621 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,567 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 834 shot attempts and they have 1,324 hits as a unit.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 21-33 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 27-27-0 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 23-24 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 22-27-2 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
11/01/16 C Mattias Janmark Knee expected to miss 5-6 months
10/31/16 RW Ales Hemsky Hip expected to miss 5-6 months
02/03/17 C Jason Spezza Upper Body out indefinitely
01/20/17 D Johnny Oduya Ankle expected to miss 2-4 weeks
01/12/17 D Jamie Oleksiak Hand out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/31/17 GO Craig Anderson Personal out another 2-3 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Dallas +118
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.