Thursday, January 5, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday, January 5, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +180 and the Kings at -201. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 37 games. They have an overall record of 16-16-5 and on the road they have a record of 9-6-2. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 93 goals and given up 107 goals for a point differential of -14. The Red Wings have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 11-21 and an over/under record of 16-15-6. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 19-15-4 including 11-4-1 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 94 goals and surrendered 92 for a goal differential of +2. The Kings have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 18-19 while their over/under record sits at 11-20-7.
Frans Nielsen has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 8 goals this season with 78 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 7 goals on 79 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 9 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 567 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 508 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 77 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 23 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 21 goals on 124 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 17 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 783 shots against him and has given up 62 goals. He has made 721 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 37 total points this season. They have scored 93 goals while giving up 107 goals. They have had 128 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 12%. The Red Wings have allowed 113 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.64% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have a total of 42 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 112 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 122 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 94 goals scored while they've given up 92 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.17%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 48.7% as they've attempted 1,942 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,048 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.2% as they have 1,469 attempts while they've given up 1,577 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 51.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.9% for the season. They have 1,187 face off wins compared to 1,037 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.4%. On defense Detroit has 766 hits and they've blocked 471 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,253 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,933 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54% as they have 1,649 shots while they've given up 1,405 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,140 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,131 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 528 shot attempts and they have 1,158 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 11-21 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 16-15-6 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 18-19 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 11-20-7 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/20/16 D Mike Green Upper Body out indefinitely
12/19/16 D Alexey Marchenko Shoulder out indefinitely
12/02/16 LW Justin Abdelkader Knee out indefinitely
11/16/16 C Darren Helm Shoulder expected to miss 6-8 weeks
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/03/17 GO Jimmy Howard Knee expected to miss another month
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Tony's Pick: Take Detroit +180
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.