Saturday, January 7, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 39 games. They have an overall record of 17-17-5 and on the road they have a record of 10-7-2. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 97 goals and given up 109 goals for a point differential of -12. The Red Wings have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 12-22 and an over/under record of 16-17-6. San Jose shows up with a record of 23-14-2 including 13-5-1 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 99 goals and surrendered 87 for a goal differential of +12. The Sharks have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-16 while their over/under record sits at 7-20-12.
Frans Nielsen has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 8 goals this season with 79 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 7 goals on 84 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 9 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 591 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 530 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 13 goals this season with 130 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 15 goals on 155 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Martin Jones has 19 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 876 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 803 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 39 total points this season. They have scored 97 goals while giving up 109 goals. They have had 133 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 11%. The Red Wings have allowed 117 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.65% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 126 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 105 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 99 goals scored while they've given up 87 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.32%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 48.3% as they've attempted 2,031 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,172 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.9% as they have 1,535 attempts while they've given up 1,667 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 50.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.2% for the season. They have 1,243 face off wins compared to 1,084 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.4%. On defense Detroit has 798 hits and they've blocked 505 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,304 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,147 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.5% as they have 1,689 shots while they've given up 1,529 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,106 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,199 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 618 shot attempts and they have 792 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 12-22 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 16-17-6 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 21-16 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 7-20-12 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/20/16 D Mike Green Upper Body out indefinitely
12/02/16 LW Justin Abdelkader Knee out indefinitely
11/16/16 C Darren Helm Shoulder expected to miss 6-8 weeks
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/05/17 D Brendan Smith Knee expected to miss 10-14 days
01/05/17 D Niklas Kronwall Lower Body expected to miss 10-14 days
01/03/17 GO Jimmy Howard Knee expected to miss another month
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/05/17 D David Schlemko Upper Body "?" Saturday vs Detroit
01/03/17 D Marc-Edouard Vlasic Facial out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.