Wednesday, January 18, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Rexall Place to play the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Florida comes into this matchup having played 45 games. They have an overall record of 20-17-8 and on the road they have a record of 9-8-5. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 106 goals and given up 122 goals for a point differential of -16. The Panthers have an overall record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 17-25 and an over/under record of 18-21-6. Edmonton shows up with a record of 23-15-7 including 12-8-2 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 131 goals and surrendered 122 for a goal differential of +9. The Oilers have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-22 while their over/under record sits at 16-26-4.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 8 goals this season with 100 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 13 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 897 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 827 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Connor McDavid has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 14 goals this season with 135 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 16 goals on 100 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 22 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 1,192 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 1,094 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Panthers have 48 total points this season. They have scored 106 goals while giving up 122 goals. They have had 154 power play opportunities and have scored 23 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Panthers have allowed 143 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.43% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have a total of 53 points on the season. They have 29 power play goals on 140 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 130 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 128 goals scored while they've given up 121 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.96%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 52.1% as they've attempted 2,591 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,380 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.5% as they have 1,984 attempts while they've given up 1,871 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 53.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.9% for the season. They have 1,331 face off wins compared to 1,435 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.1%. On defense Florida has 944 hits and they've blocked 509 shots from the opposition.
Edmonton has attempted 2,650 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,440 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52% as they have 1,965 shots while they've given up 1,812 attempts on defense. The Oilers have an offensive zone percentage of 52.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.7% as they've compiled 1,283 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,408 face off losses. On defense Edmonton has blocked 628 shot attempts and they have 1,108 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 17-25 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 18-21-6 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 21-22 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 16-26-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Ankle out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/13/17 F Greg McKegg Upper Body out indefinitely
01/08/17 C Nick Bjugstad Groin out indefinitely
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/26/16 RW Tyler Pitlick Knee expected to miss 4 months
12/03/16 D Darnell Nurse Ankle out 3 months
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Iiro Pakarinen Knee out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Florida
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.