Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum to play the New York Islanders on Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 42 games. They have an overall record of 18-16-8 and on the road they have a record of 8-8-5. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 98 goals and given up 113 goals for a point differential of -15. The Panthers have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-24 and an over/under record of 16-20-6. New York shows up with a record of 15-15-8 including 11-7-4 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 106 goals and surrendered 117 for a goal differential of -11. The Islanders have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 14-23 while their over/under record sits at 20-14-4.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 7 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Aleksander Barkov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 88 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 12 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 826 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 761 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
John Tavares has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 11 goals this season with 114 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Josh Bailey has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 5 goals on 76 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Jaroslav Halak has 6 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 669 shots against him and has given up 64 goals. He has made 605 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Panthers have 44 total points this season. They have scored 98 goals while giving up 113 goals. They have had 147 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Panthers have allowed 134 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.30% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Islanders have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 16 power play goals on 108 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 124 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 106 goals scored while they've given up 117 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.42%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 52.7% as they've attempted 2,442 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,196 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52% as they have 1,874 attempts while they've given up 1,730 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 53.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.7% for the season. They have 1,243 face off wins compared to 1,331 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.3%. On defense Florida has 882 hits and they've blocked 466 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 2,073 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,511 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.4% as they have 1,545 shots while they've given up 1,788 attempts on defense. The Islanders have an offensive zone percentage of 49.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.6% as they've compiled 1,090 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,155 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 723 shot attempts and they have 957 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 15-24 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 16-20-6 against the over/under
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 14-23 straight up
The New York Islanders are 20-14-4 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
01/09/17 F Greg McKegg Upper Body "?" Wednesday vs NY Islanders
01/08/17 C Nick Bjugstad Groin out indefinitely
01/05/17 C Seth Griffith Concussion expected to miss 7-10 days
New York Islanders Injuries
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
01/10/17 D Travis Hamonic Undisclosed "?" Wednesday vs. Florida
Josh's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.