Friday, March 17, 2017
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Friday, March 17, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +197 and the Rangers at -220. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 68 games. They have an overall record of 29-27-11 and on the road they have a record of 14-11-8. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 175 goals and given up 195 goals for a point differential of -20. The Panthers have an overall record of 2-7-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-38 and an over/under record of 29-29-10. New York shows up with a record of 44-24-2 including 19-15-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 225 goals and surrendered 183 for a goal differential of +42. The Rangers have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 41-26 while their over/under record sits at 35-29-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 14 goals this season with 144 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 21.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 22 goals on 196 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. James Reimer has 12 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 909 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 834 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 19 goals this season with 114 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 16.4 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18.9 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 12 goals on 177 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Antti Raanta has 14 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 631 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 581 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Panthers have 69 total points this season. They have scored 168 goals while giving up 193 goals. They have had 221 power play opportunities and have scored 37 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Panthers have allowed 205 power play opportunities and given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.72% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Rangers have a total of 90 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 204 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 191 power play opportunities and have given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 225 goals scored while they've given up 183 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.72%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 51.8% as they've attempted 3,852 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,588 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.3% as they have 2,979 attempts while they've given up 2,827 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 53.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.8% for the season. They have 1,976 face off wins compared to 2,151 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.9%. On defense has 1,411 hits and they've blocked 761 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 3,849 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,002 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 2,936 shots while they've given up 2,937 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 49.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.1% as they've compiled 1,982 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,139 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,065 shot attempts and they have 1,469 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 26-38 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 29-29-10 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 41-26 straight up
The New York Rangers are 35-29-6 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
03/14/17 C Michael Sgarbossa Undisclosed "?" Thursday vs. Columbus
03/13/17 C Denis Malgin Concussion out indefinitely
03/13/17 D Aaron Ekblad Concussion out indefinitely
03/03/17 GO Roberto Luongo Hip out indefinitely
New York Rangers Injuries
03/11/17 GO Henrik Lundqvist Lower Body out indefinitely
03/04/17 D Kevin Klein Upper Body out indefinitely
03/01/17 RW Jesper Fast Lower Body out indefinitely
02/28/17 D Dan Girardi Ankle out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take New York -220
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.