Tuesday, February 28, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings head to Scotiabank Saddledome to take on the Calgary Flames on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Kings at -115 and the Flames at +104. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this game having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 30-27-4 and away from home they have a record of 14-16-3. The currently are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 150 goals and surrendered 151 goals for a point differential of -1. The Kings have an overall record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-31 and an over/under record of 17-28-16. Calgary shows up with a record of 33-26-4 including 15-14-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 177 for a goal differential of -8. The Flames have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-30 while their over/under record sits at 26-31-6.
Jeff Carter has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Kings. He has 30 goals this season with 193 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Anze Kopitar has averaged 20.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 5% by scoring 6 goals on 115 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 27 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 1,286 shots against him and has given up 107 goals. He has made 1,179 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Johnny Gaudreau has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Flames. He has 13 goals this season with 143 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Mikael Backlund has averaged 17.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 19 goals on 153 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 840 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have 64 total points this season. They have scored 150 goals while giving up 151 goals. They have had 174 power play opportunities and have scored 29 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Kings have allowed 187 power play opportunities and given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.94% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Flames have a total of 70 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 203 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 224 power play opportunities and have given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 169 goals scored while they've given up 177 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.12%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Los Angeles has a Corsi percentage of 54.6% as they've attempted 3,678 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,060 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.6% as they have 2,712 attempts while they've given up 2,253 shots on the defensive end. The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 56.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 43.8% for the season. They have 1,832 face off wins compared to 1,797 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense has 1,800 hits and they've blocked 807 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 3,460 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,368 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.3% as they have 2,556 shots while they've given up 2,525 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 49.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they've compiled 1,890 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,940 face off losses. On defense has blocked 843 shot attempts and they have 1,218 hits as a unit.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 29-31 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 17-28-16 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 30-30 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 26-31-6 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
02/26/17 GO Ben Bishop Illness "?" Monday vs. Minnesota
02/23/17 D Paul La Due Upper Body out indefinitely
01/30/17 D Matt Greene Groin out indefinitely
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Los Angeles -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.