Saturday, January 7, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 37 games. They have an overall record of 24-9-4 and on the road they have a record of 11-5-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 118 goals and given up 80 goals for a point differential of +38. The Wild have an overall record of 9-1-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 23-13 and an over/under record of 14-16-7. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 19-16-4 including 11-5-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 94 goals and surrendered 96 for a goal differential of -2. The Kings have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 18-20 while their over/under record sits at 11-21-7.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Wild. He has 5 goals this season with 75 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 13 goals on 96 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 20 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 901 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 846 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 79 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 21 goals on 125 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 17 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 783 shots against him and has given up 62 goals. He has made 721 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have 52 total points this season. They have scored 118 goals while giving up 80 goals. They have had 103 power play opportunities and have scored 19 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Wild have allowed 107 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.81% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Kings have a total of 42 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 112 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 124 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 94 goals scored while they've given up 96 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.93%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 48.8% as they've attempted 2,030 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,133 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.2% as they have 1,517 attempts while they've given up 1,568 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 49.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.1% for the season. They have 1,182 face off wins compared to 1,090 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52%. On defense Minnesota has 614 hits and they've blocked 565 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,321 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,975 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.2% as they have 1,698 shots while they've given up 1,434 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,166 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,159 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 541 shot attempts and they have 1,188 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 23-13 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 14-16-7 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 18-20 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 11-21-7 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Josh's Pick: Take Los Angeles
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.