Saturday, April 1, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Minnesota Wild head to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, April 1, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Wild at +113 and the Predators at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 77 games. They have an overall record of 45-24-8 and on the road they have a record of 20-12-6. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 249 goals and given up 196 goals for a point differential of +53. The Wild have an overall record of 2-6-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 42-32 and an over/under record of 39-29-9. Nashville shows up with a record of 39-27-11 including 23-9-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 227 goals and surrendered 213 for a goal differential of +14. The Predators have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-38 while their over/under record sits at 40-32-5.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 42-32 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 39-29-9 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 37-38 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 40-32-5 against the over/under
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
03/31/17 LW Zach Parise Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Nashville
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/31/17 RW Craig Smith Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Minnesota
03/31/17 D Yannick Weber Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Minnesota
Mikael Granlund has accumulated 67 total points this season for the Wild. He has 25 goals this season with 169 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 42 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 18.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 27 goals on 199 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 37 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 1,747 shots against him and has given up 133 goals. He has made 1,614 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 59 total points this season for the Predators. He has 13 goals this season with 147 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 46 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 29 goals on 231 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 30 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,658 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,518 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild have 98 total points this season. They have scored 249 goals while giving up 196 goals. They have had 216 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Wild have allowed 205 power play opportunities and given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.56% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 89 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 240 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 231 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 227 goals scored while they've given up 213 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.48%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 49.7% as they've attempted 4,284 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,338 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 3,215 attempts while they've given up 3,242 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 50.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.4% for the season. They have 2,385 face off wins compared to 2,213 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.9%. On defense Minnesota has 1,212 hits and they've blocked 1,096 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,473 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,276 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.8% as they have 3,329 shots while they've given up 3,230 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.4% as they've compiled 2,429 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,297 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,046 shot attempts and they have 1,579 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Wild/Predators NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota +113 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota +113
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.