Thursday, March 9, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens head to Scotiabank Saddledome to take on the Calgary Flames on Thursday, March 9, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Canadiens at +104 and the Flames at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal comes into this game having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 38-21-8 and away from home they have a record of 18-12-4. The currently are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 185 goals and surrendered 166 goals for a point differential of +19. The Canadiens have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 36-29 and an over/under record of 25-31-11. Calgary shows up with a record of 36-26-4 including 18-14-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 179 goals and surrendered 182 for a goal differential of -3. The Flames have a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 33-30 while their over/under record sits at 27-32-7.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 15 goals this season with 117 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 18.2 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 31 goals on 222 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Carey Price has 30 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,497 shots against him and has given up 116 goals. He has made 1,381 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Flames. He has 20 goals this season with 161 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 17.3 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 13 goals on 150 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 840 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Canadiens have 84 total points this season. They have scored 185 goals while giving up 166 goals. They have had 199 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Canadiens have allowed 222 power play opportunities and given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.37% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Flames have a total of 76 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 210 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 230 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 179 goals scored while they've given up 182 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.17%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 3,830 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,680 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.8% as they have 2,773 attempts while they've given up 2,683 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 48.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the season. They have 2,060 face off wins compared to 2,054 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.1%. On defense has 1,469 hits and they've blocked 997 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 3,638 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,558 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.3% as they have 2,687 shots while they've given up 2,659 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 49.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 1,992 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,033 face off losses. On defense has blocked 899 shot attempts and they have 1,262 hits as a unit.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 36-29 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 25-31-11 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 33-30 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 27-32-7 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/08/17 C Tomas Plekanec Upper Body missed last game, "?" Thursday vs. Calgary
03/07/17 RW Alexander Radulov Lower Body missed last game, "?" Thursday vs. Calgary
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
Guy's Pick: Take Montreal +104
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.