Thursday, January 12, 2017
Xcel Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens travel to Xcel Energy Center to play the Minnesota Wild on Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal comes into this matchup having played 41 games. They have an overall record of 25-10-6 and on the road they have a record of 10-6-4. Currently they are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 125 goals and given up 97 goals for a point differential of +28. The Canadiens have an overall record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-16 and an over/under record of 17-16-8. Minnesota shows up with a record of 25-9-5 including 13-4-0 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 123 goals and surrendered 85 for a goal differential of +38. The Wild have a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-14 while their over/under record sits at 15-17-7.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 10 goals this season with 89 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 19 goals on 128 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Carey Price has 20 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 879 shots against him and has given up 63 goals. He has made 816 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Wild. He has 5 goals this season with 79 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 13 goals on 105 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 21 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 925 shots against him and has given up 56 goals. He has made 869 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Canadiens have 56 total points this season. They have scored 125 goals while giving up 97 goals. They have had 133 power play opportunities and have scored 28 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Canadiens have allowed 146 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.86% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have a total of 55 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 110 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 113 power play opportunities and have given up 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 123 goals scored while they've given up 85 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.68%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 2,409 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,308 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.2% as they have 1,760 attempts while they've given up 1,678 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 50.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.9% for the season. They have 1,285 face off wins compared to 1,285 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50%. On defense Montreal has 895 hits and they've blocked 630 shots from the opposition.
Minnesota has attempted 2,137 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,248 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49% as they have 1,595 shots while they've given up 1,663 attempts on defense. The Wild have an offensive zone percentage of 50.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.8% as they've compiled 1,238 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,151 face off losses. On defense Minnesota has blocked 585 shot attempts and they have 650 hits as a unit.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 24-16 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 17-16-8 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 24-14 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 15-17-7 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/16/16 C Andrew Shaw Concussion out indefinitely
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/10/17 C Alex Galchenyuk Knee expected to miss Wednesday vs Winnipeg and Thursday vs Minnesota
01/10/17 D Andrei Markov Groin expected to miss Wednesday vs Winnipeg and Thursday vs Minnesota
01/04/17 RW Brendan Gallagher Hand expected to miss 8 weeks
Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Minnesota
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.