Friday, January 20, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Friday, January 20, 2017.
Montreal comes into this matchup having played 46 games. They have an overall record of 27-13-6 and on the road they have a record of 11-8-4. Currently they are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 139 goals and given up 117 goals for a point differential of +22. The Canadiens have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-19 and an over/under record of 20-18-8. New Jersey shows up with a record of 19-18-9 including 10-6-3 at home this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 105 goals and surrendered 132 for a goal differential of -27. The Devils have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-27 while their over/under record sits at 16-18-12.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 10 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 20 goals on 144 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Carey Price has 21 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 982 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 903 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Devils. He has 11 goals this season with 119 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Travis Zajac has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 9 goals on 80 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 14 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,037 shots against him and has given up 93 goals. He has made 944 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Canadiens have 60 total points this season. They have scored 139 goals while giving up 117 goals. They have had 140 power play opportunities and have scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Canadiens have allowed 163 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.01% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Devils have a total of 47 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 152 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 141 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 105 goals scored while they've given up 132 goals to this point. They average 27 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.37%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 2,659 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,559 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.9% as they have 1,935 attempts while they've given up 1,864 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 49.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.5% for the season. They have 1,438 face off wins compared to 1,426 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.2%. On defense Montreal has 973 hits and they've blocked 695 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 2,222 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,552 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.5% as they have 1,708 shots while they've given up 1,964 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 47.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they've compiled 1,383 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,356 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 588 shot attempts and they have 933 hits as a unit.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 26-19 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-18-8 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 16-27 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 16-18-12 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/18/17 D Andrei Markov Groin "?" Friday vs New Jersey
01/04/17 RW Brendan Gallagher Hand expected to miss 8 weeks
New Jersey Devils Injuries
01/17/17 D Andy Greene Wrist "?" Friday vs Montreal
01/17/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Lower Body "?" Friday vs Montreal
01/09/17 D Yohann Auvitu Lower Body out indefinitely
01/02/17 D John Moore Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Montreal
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.