Saturday, March 18, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Nashville Predators head to PNC Arena to take on the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday, March 18, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Predators at -220 and the Hurricanes at +180. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this game having played 70 games. They have an overall record of 35-24-11 and away from home they have a record of 15-16-4. The currently are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 207 goals and surrendered 197 goals for a point differential of +10. The Predators have an overall record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 33-35 and an over/under record of 38-27-5. Carolina shows up with a record of 29-27-12 including 20-10-4 at home this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 175 goals and surrendered 197 for a goal differential of -22. The Hurricanes have a record of 4-2-4 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 27-39 while their over/under record sits at 27-32-9.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Predators. He has 12 goals this season with 136 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 25 goals on 213 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,533 shots against him and has given up 131 goals. He has made 1,402 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Victor Rask has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 16 goals this season with 157 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 17.6 minutes played per game. Jeff Skinner has averaged 17.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 23 goals on 223 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Cam Ward has 23 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 1,489 shots against him and has given up 143 goals. He has made 1,346 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Predators have 81 total points this season. They have scored 207 goals while giving up 197 goals. They have had 220 power play opportunities and have scored 45 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Predators have allowed 209 power play opportunities and given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.42% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have a total of 70 points on the season. They have 34 power play goals on 195 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 173 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 175 goals scored while they've given up 197 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.49%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 4,071 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,924 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 3,034 attempts while they've given up 2,970 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the season. They have 2,208 face off wins compared to 2,110 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense has 1,453 hits and they've blocked 954 shots from the opposition.
Carolina has attempted 3,972 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,605 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.8% as they have 2,920 shots while they've given up 2,712 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes have an offensive zone percentage of 57.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 42.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.6% as they've compiled 2,002 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,807 face off losses. On defense has blocked 893 shot attempts and they have 1,261 hits as a unit.
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 33-35 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 38-27-5 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-39 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-32-9 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/17/17 LW Colin Wilson Lower Body "?" Saturday vs. Carolina
01/20/17 C Cody Bass Lower Body out for season
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
11/11/16 LW Bryan Bickell Illness out indefinitely
03/16/17 C Jay McClement Undisclosed expected to miss 2-3 weeks
03/13/17 RW Valentin Zykov Upper Body out indefinitely
03/13/17 LW Brock McGinn Upper Body out indefinitely
03/08/17 LW Phillip Di Giuseppe Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville -220
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.