Thursday, April 6, 2017
American Airlines Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to American Airlines Center to play the Dallas Stars on Thursday, April 6, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at -125 and the Stars at +113.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 80 games. They have an overall record of 40-28-12 and on the road they have a record of 16-19-4. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 232 goals and given up 219 goals for a point differential of +13. The Predators have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-40 and an over/under record of 40-34-6. Dallas shows up with a record of 33-36-11 including 21-12-6 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 216 goals and surrendered 252 for a goal differential of -36. The Stars have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 33-47 while their over/under record sits at 41-39-0.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 38-40 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 40-34-6 against the over/under
Important Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 33-47 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 41-39-0 against the over/under
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
04/04/17 RW James Neal Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Dallas
04/04/17 D Yannick Weber Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Dallas
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
11/01/16 C Mattias Janmark Knee out for season
04/04/17 RW Ales Hemsky Hip "?"
04/04/17 RW Jiri Hudler Lower Body out for season
03/31/17 LW Curtis McKenzie Eye out indefinitely
03/25/17 LW Patrick Sharp Hip out for season
03/03/17 LW Antoine Roussel Hand out indefinitely
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 14 goals this season with 151 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 29 goals on 242 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,721 shots against him and has given up 142 goals. He has made 1,579 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Stars. He has 25 goals this season with 290 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 45 assists on the season and averages 18.5 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 19.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 25 goals on 195 shots. He has 42 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Kari Lehtonen has 21 wins and 24 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 1,496 shots against him and has given up 143 goals. He has made 1,353 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 92 total points this season. They have scored 232 goals while giving up 219 goals. They have had 249 power play opportunities and have scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Predators have allowed 238 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.32% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have a total of 77 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 255 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 244 power play opportunities and have given up 63 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 216 goals scored while they've given up 252 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.90%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 4,645 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,452 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 3,452 attempts while they've given up 3,364 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the season. They have 2,538 face off wins compared to 2,386 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.5%. On defense Nashville has 1,640 hits and they've blocked 1,088 shots from the opposition.
Dallas has attempted 4,759 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,703 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.7% as they have 3,508 shots while they've given up 3,409 attempts on defense. The Stars have an offensive zone percentage of 48.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.8% as they've compiled 2,486 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,501 face off losses. On defense Dallas has blocked 1,294 shot attempts and they have 1,524 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Stars NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +113 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas +113
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.