Nashville Predators at Minnesota Wild NHL Picks & Predictions 11/16/2017
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Xcel Energy Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to Xcel Energy Center to play the Minnesota Wild on Thursday, November 16, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +113 and the Wild at -125.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville has a record of 10-5-2 this season and on the road they have a record of 5-4-1. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 51 goals and given up 49 goals for a point differential of +2. For the season they have an ATS record of 10-7-0 and an over/under record of 8-9-0. Minnesota is 8-7-2 including 4-3-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 49 goals and surrendered 44 for a goal differential of +5. Their record against the spread is 8-9-0 while their over/under record is 8-7-0.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 10-7-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 8-9-0 against the over/under this season
Important Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 8-9-0 straight up this year
The Minnesota Wild are 8-7-0 against the over/under this season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
11/14/17 LW Scott Hartnell Lower Body IR (11/14)
11/14/17 D Yannick Weber Lower Body IR (11/14)
10/02/17 D Ryan Ellis Knee IR (10/03)
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/24/17 LW Zach Parise Back is out indefinitely
10/13/17 C Charlie Coyle Fibula IR (10/12)
Filip Forsberg has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Predators. He has 9 goals this year with 46 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 20%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 18.4 minutes played per game. Roman Josi averages 25.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 4 goals on 56 shots. He has 5 assists, giving him a total of 9 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 9 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has 408 shots against him and he's given up 30 goals. He's made 378 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Eric Staal has scored 14 total points this year for the Wild. He has 6 goals this season with 48 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 18.5 minutes played per game. Chris Stewart averages 12.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 6 goals on 28 shots. He has 2 assists, giving him a total of 8 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 7 wins and 6 losses this year in goal for the Wild. He has 432 shots against him and he's surrendered 32 goals. He's made 400 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 22 total points this season, which ranks them 9th in the NHL. They are 19th in the league in goals scored with 51 while they've given up 49 goals, ranking them 23rd overall. They have had 74 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 9th in the NHL. The Predators have allowed 80 power play opportunities and have given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%, putting them 10th in the league when short-handed. They average 29 shots per game and as a team shoot 10.26% for the season. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%. That puts them 16th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild are 22nd in the NHL with a total of 18 points this year. They have 8 power play goals on 52 opportunities for a percentage of 15%. That ranks them 26th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 60 power play opportunities and have given up 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. That is 5th in the NHL. As a team, the Wild are 22nd in the league with 49 goals scored while they've given up 44 goals, which is 30th overall. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.86%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%. That is 4th in the NHL.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 49.6% as they've tried 950 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 966 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 16th in Corsi percentage. They are 17th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 49.6% as they have 708 shots while they've given up 720 attempts on defense. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 46.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.8% for the year. That puts them 27th and 5th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 561 face-off wins as opposed to 509 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.4%. That is 8th overall in the NHL. On defense Nashville has 377 hits and they've blocked 246 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 24th in the league.
The Wild are 25th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 48.4% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the season, which is 7th in the NHL. They have 510 face-off wins compared to 520 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.5%. That is 19th in the league. On defense Minnesota has 327 hits and they have blocked 271 shots from the opposition, which is 8th in the league. Minnesota is 27th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 47% as they've attempted 893 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,007 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 48.2% ranks 26th as they have 685 attempts while they have given up 736 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Wild NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Minnesota -125 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Minnesota -125
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.