Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Consol Energy Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Penguins lead the series 1-0 after winning 5-3 in Game 1. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +130 and the Penguins at -160.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville had a regular season record of 41-29-12 and on the road they had a record of 17-20-4. They finished 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 240 goals and given up 224 goals for a point differential of +16. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-41 and an over/under record of 41-35-6. Pittsburgh finished with a record of 50-21-11 including 31-6-4 at home this season. They were 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 282 goals and surrendered 234 for a goal differential of +48. Their record against the spread is 46-31 while their over/under record sits at 47-30-5.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-41 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-35-6 against the over/under
Important Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 46-31 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 47-30-5 against the over/under
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
05/29/17 LW Colin Wilson Undisclosed "?" Wednesday vs. Pittsburgh
05/19/17 C Ryan Johansen Thigh out for season
04/27/17 LW Kevin Fiala Lower Body out for season
Key Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
04/05/17 D Kris Letang Upper Body out for season
Viktor Arvidsson has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 31 goals this season with 246 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Ryan Johansen has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 14 goals on 154 shots. He has 47 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,757 shots against him and has given up 144 goals. He has made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Phil Kessel has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 23 goals this season with 229 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 17.9 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19.9 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 44 goals on 255 shots. He has 45 assists giving him a total of 89 points on the season. Matthew Murray has 32 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1,450 shots against him and has given up 111 goals. He has made 1,339 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 94 total points this season. They have scored 240 goals while giving up 224 goals. They have had 259 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Predators have allowed 241 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.39% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Penguins have a total of 111 points on the season. They have 60 power play goals on 260 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 257 power play opportunities and have given up 52 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 282 goals scored while they've given up 234 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.27%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 4,776 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,570 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 3,545 attempts while they've given up 3,460 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.3% for the season. They have 2,599 face off wins compared to 2,453 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.4%. On defense Nashville has 1,660 hits and they've blocked 1,110 shots from the opposition.
Pittsburgh has attempted 4,814 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,855 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.7% as they have 3,648 shots while they've given up 3,548 attempts on defense. The Penguins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.6% as they've compiled 2,452 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,702 face off losses. On defense Pittsburgh has blocked 1,307 shot attempts and they have 2,060 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Penguins NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Pittsburgh -160 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Pittsburgh -160
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.