Sunday, April 2, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Sunday, April 2, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +122 and the Blues at -135.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 77 games. They have an overall record of 39-27-11 and on the road they have a record of 16-18-4. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 227 goals and given up 213 goals for a point differential of +14. The Predators have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-38 and an over/under record of 40-32-5. St. Louis shows up with a record of 42-28-7 including 22-11-5 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 215 goals and surrendered 203 for a goal differential of +12. The Blues have a record of 7-1-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 41-35 while their over/under record sits at 31-35-11.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 37-38 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 40-32-5 against the over/under
Important St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 41-35 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 31-35-11 against the over/under
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/31/17 RW Craig Smith Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Minnesota
03/31/17 D Yannick Weber Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Minnesota
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
04/01/17 D Carl Gunnarsson Lower Body "?" Sunday vs. Nashville
04/01/17 D Robert Bortuzzo Undisclosed injured last game, "?" Sunday vs. Nashville
03/28/17 C Jori Lehtera Concussion out indefinitely
03/23/17 C Paul Stastny Lower Body out indefinitely
03/16/17 RW Dmitrij Jaskin Shoulder out indefinitely
02/05/17 C Robby Fabbri Knee out for season
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 59 total points this season for the Predators. He has 13 goals this season with 147 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 46 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 29 goals on 231 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 30 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,658 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,518 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 69 total points this season for the Blues. He has 36 goals this season with 262 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 33 assists on the season and averages 18.4 minutes played per game. Alex Steen has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 14 goals on 108 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Jake Allen has 30 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 1,493 shots against him and has given up 127 goals. He has made 1,366 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 89 total points this season. They have scored 227 goals while giving up 213 goals. They have had 240 power play opportunities and have scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Predators have allowed 231 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.48% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 218 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 248 power play opportunities and have given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 215 goals scored while they've given up 203 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.89%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 4,473 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,276 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.8% as they have 3,329 attempts while they've given up 3,230 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the season. They have 2,429 face off wins compared to 2,297 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.4%. On defense Nashville has 1,579 hits and they've blocked 1,046 shots from the opposition.
St. Louis has attempted 4,016 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,075 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 3,008 shots while they've given up 3,007 attempts on defense. The Blues have an offensive zone percentage of 48.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 2,291 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,251 face off losses. On defense St. Louis has blocked 1,068 shot attempts and they have 1,606 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Blues NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Nashville +122 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville +122
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.