New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers NHL Picks & Parlay 10/14/2017
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Madison Square Garden
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New Jersey Devils head to Madison Square Garden to take on the New York Rangers on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Devils at +132 and the Rangers at -182.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey has a record of 3-0-0 this year and away from home they have a record of 2-0-0. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 16 goals and surrendered 6 goals for a point differential of +10. For the year they have an ATS mark of 3-0-0 and an over/under record of 2-1-0. New York has a record of 1-3-0, including 1-2-0 on home ice this year. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 10 goals and have given up 15 for a goal differential of -5. Their record against the spread is 1-3-0 while their over/under mark is 2-2-0.
Valuable New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 3-0-0 straight up this year
The New Jersey Devils are 2-1-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 1-3-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 2-2-0 against the over/under this season
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
10/11/17 RW Drew Stafford Lower Body "?" Friday vs. Washington
10/09/17 C Michael McLeod Knee IR
10/07/17 C Brian Boyle Illness IR
10/07/17 C Travis Zajac Pectoral IR
Key New York Rangers Injuries
10/05/17 RW Jesper Fast Hip IR
Cory Schneider has 3 wins and 0 losses this season in goal for the Devils. He has 116 shots against him and he's surrendered 6 goals. He's made 110 stops for a save percentage of 95%. Marcus Johansson has scored 4 total points this year for the Devils. He has 2 goals this season with 4 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 50%. He has a total of 2 assists on the year and averages 16.3 minutes played per contest. Taylor Hall averages 16.3 minutes of ice time per game this season. He has 3 assists and no goals, giving him a total of 3 points on the year.
Mats Zuccarello has 5 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 1 goal this year with 4 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 25%. He has a total of 4 assists on the year and averages 19.5 minutes played per contest. Henrik Lundqvist has 1 win and 2 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has 98 shots against him and he's given up 10 goals. He's made 88 saves for a save percentage of 90%. Kevin Shattenkirk averages 23.3 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 1 goal on 9 attempts. He has 3 assists, giving him a total of 4 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils have given up 18 power play opportunities and surrendered 3 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83% this season. That is 16th in the league. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 15.84% for the year. They allow 39 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 95%, ranking them 3rd in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Devils are 6th overall with 6 total points this year. They are 5th in the league with 16 goals and 29th in goals allowed with 6. They've had 13 power play chances and scored 4 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 31%. That is 5th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Rangers are 18th with a total of 10 goals scored while they are 6th with 15 goals surrendered this season. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 7.58%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 88%, putting them 27th in the league. The Rangers have a total of 2 points this season, which is 28th in the NHL. They have had 5 power play goals on 16 chances for a percentage of 31%. That is 4th overall. They've given up 16 power play opportunities and surrendered 5 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 69%, ranking 30th when short-handed.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 46.1% as they've tried 161 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 188 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 28th in Corsi percentage. They are 22nd in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.5% as they have 134 shots while they've given up 148 attempts on defense. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the year. That puts them 22nd and 13th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 86 face-off wins as opposed to 94 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.8%. That is 22nd overall in the NHL. On defense New Jersey has 60 hits and they've blocked 40 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 25th in the league.
The Rangers are 7th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 43.7% for the season, which is 26th in the NHL. They have 127 face-off wins compared to 114 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.7%. That is 11th in the league. On defense New York has 101 hits and they have blocked 54 shots from the opposition, which is 13th in the league. New York is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.9% as they've attempted 231 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 223 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.6% ranks 12th as they have 180 attempts while they have given up 169 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New Jersey +132 and over 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New Jersey +132 and over 5.5 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.