Thursday, March 23, 2017
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, March 23, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +184 and the Maple Leafs at -205. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 72 games. They have an overall record of 27-33-12 and on the road they have a record of 12-19-6. Currently they are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 167 goals and given up 211 goals for a point differential of -44. The Devils have an overall record of 1-8-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-45 and an over/under record of 26-26-20. Toronto shows up with a record of 33-23-15 including 18-10-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 216 goals and surrendered 210 for a goal differential of +6. The Maple Leafs have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 32-38 while their over/under record sits at 31-36-4.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 24-45 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 26-26-20 against the over/under
Important Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 32-38 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 31-36-4 against the over/under
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
03/18/17 RW Devante Smith-Pelly Lower Body out indefinitely
03/14/17 C Jacob Josefson Upper Body out indefinitely
03/03/17 LW Michael Cammalleri Upper Body out indefinitely
Key Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
03/17/17 RW Ben Smith Finger out indefinitely
Taylor Hall has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Devils. He has 18 goals this season with 208 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. Kyle Palmieri has averaged 17.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 25 goals on 171 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 20 wins and 23 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,613 shots against him and has given up 143 goals. He has made 1,470 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 57 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 32 goals this season with 239 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 17.7 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16.6 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 29 goals on 209 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 29 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,875 shots against him and has given up 153 goals. He has made 1,722 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils have 66 total points this season. They have scored 167 goals while giving up 211 goals. They have had 220 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Devils have allowed 221 power play opportunities and given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.40% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Maple Leafs have a total of 81 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 211 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 222 power play opportunities and have given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 216 goals scored while they've given up 210 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.43%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 46.7% as they've attempted 3,508 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,005 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.8% as they have 2,711 attempts while they've given up 3,083 shots on the defensive end. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 46.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.4% for the season. They have 2,146 face off wins compared to 2,170 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.7%. On defense has 1,412 hits and they've blocked 922 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 4,339 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,354 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.7% as they have 3,268 shots while they've given up 3,308 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 50.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.1% as they've compiled 2,150 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,229 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,046 shot attempts and they have 1,723 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Devils/Maple Leafs NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Toronto -205 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Toronto -205
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.