Sunday, March 5, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Sunday, March 5, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +120 and the Flames at -132. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 63 games. They have an overall record of 30-22-11 and on the road they have a record of 10-14-5. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 186 goals and given up 188 goals for a point differential of -2. The Islanders have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-33 and an over/under record of 33-25-5. Calgary shows up with a record of 35-26-4 including 17-14-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 174 goals and surrendered 180 for a goal differential of -6. The Flames have a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 32-30 while their over/under record sits at 26-32-7.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Josh Bailey has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 12 goals this season with 139 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 18.6 minutes played per game. John Tavares has averaged 20.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 23 goals on 208 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 21 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 1,103 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 1,013 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Johnny Gaudreau has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Flames. He has 13 goals this season with 148 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Mikael Backlund has averaged 17.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 20 goals on 157 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 840 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Islanders have 71 total points this season. They have scored 186 goals while giving up 188 goals. They have had 179 power play opportunities and have scored 28 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Islanders have allowed 179 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.61% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Flames have a total of 74 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 208 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 227 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 174 goals scored while they've given up 180 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.09%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 47.3% as they've attempted 3,540 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,952 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48% as they have 2,637 attempts while they've given up 2,853 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 49.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.5% for the season. They have 1,799 face off wins compared to 1,888 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.8%. On defense has 1,578 hits and they've blocked 1,099 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 3,574 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,494 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.3% as they have 2,639 shots while they've given up 2,611 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 49.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they've compiled 1,955 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,010 face off losses. On defense has blocked 883 shot attempts and they have 1,257 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 29-33 straight up
The New York Islanders are 33-25-5 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 32-30 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 26-32-7 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
03/01/17 C Alan Quine Upper Body out indefinitely
02/23/17 C Casey Cizikas Hand expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
03/04/17 RW Curtis Lazar Upper Body "?" Sunday vs. NY Islanders
Josh's Pick: Take Calgary -132
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.