Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +166 and the Predators at -185.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 78 games. They have an overall record of 37-29-12 and on the road they have a record of 16-17-5. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 228 goals and given up 237 goals for a point differential of -9. The Islanders have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-41 and an over/under record of 40-33-5. Nashville shows up with a record of 40-28-11 including 24-9-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 231 goals and surrendered 217 for a goal differential of +14. The Predators have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 38-39 while their over/under record sits at 40-33-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 35-41 straight up
The New York Islanders are 40-33-5 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 38-39 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 40-33-6 against the over/under
Key New York Islanders Injuries
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
04/02/17 C Casey Cizikas Hand out indefinitely
04/01/17 C John Tavares Leg out for season
04/01/17 D Travis Hamonic Upper Body out indefinitely
03/29/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Upper Body out indefinitely
03/23/17 RW Ryan Strome Wrist out indefinitely
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
04/02/17 RW James Neal Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs. NY Islanders
04/02/17 D Yannick Weber Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs. NY Islanders
John Tavares has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 28 goals this season with 260 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 38 assists on the season and averages 20.4 minutes played per game. Josh Bailey has averaged 18.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 13 goals on 170 shots. He has 39 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 25 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 1,419 shots against him and has given up 124 goals. He has made 1,295 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 14 goals this season with 151 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 29 goals on 240 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,689 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have 86 total points this season. They have scored 228 goals while giving up 237 goals. They have had 224 power play opportunities and have scored 33 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Islanders have allowed 217 power play opportunities and given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.56% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 48 power play goals on 248 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 236 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 231 goals scored while they've given up 217 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.37%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 47.7% as they've attempted 4,378 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,805 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.1% as they have 3,249 attempts while they've given up 3,506 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 50.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.9% for the season. They have 2,168 face off wins compared to 2,369 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense New York has 2,020 hits and they've blocked 1,299 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,596 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,380 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.8% as they have 3,416 shots while they've given up 3,310 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.5% as they've compiled 2,507 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,364 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,070 shot attempts and they have 1,621 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Islanders/Predators NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Nashville -185 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville -185
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.