Saturday, March 18, 2017
Xcel Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Rangers travel to Xcel Energy Center to play the Minnesota Wild on Saturday, March 18, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at +150 and the Wild at -170. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 70 games. They have an overall record of 44-24-2 and on the road they have a record of 25-9-0. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 225 goals and given up 183 goals for a point differential of +42. The Rangers have an overall record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 41-26 and an over/under record of 35-29-6. Minnesota shows up with a record of 43-20-6 including 23-9-1 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 226 goals and surrendered 170 for a goal differential of +56. The Wild have a record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-26 while their over/under record sits at 35-26-8.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 19 goals this season with 114 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 16.4 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 12 goals on 177 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Antti Raanta has 14 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 631 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 581 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Wild. He has 8 goals this season with 138 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 27.1 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 18.7 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 23 goals on 172 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 36 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 1,608 shots against him and has given up 113 goals. He has made 1,495 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Rangers have 90 total points this season. They have scored 225 goals while giving up 183 goals. They have had 204 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Rangers have allowed 191 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.72% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Wild have a total of 92 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 194 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 184 power play opportunities and have given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 226 goals scored while they've given up 170 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.65%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49% as they've attempted 3,849 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,002 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50% as they have 2,936 attempts while they've given up 2,937 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 49.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.4% for the season. They have 1,982 face off wins compared to 2,139 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.1%. On defense has 1,469 hits and they've blocked 1,065 shots from the opposition.
Minnesota has attempted 3,826 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,994 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.2% as they have 2,885 shots while they've given up 2,981 attempts on defense. The Wild have an offensive zone percentage of 50.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.6% as they've compiled 2,137 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,006 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,013 shot attempts and they have 1,091 hits as a unit.
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 41-26 straight up
The New York Rangers are 35-29-6 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 40-26 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 35-26-8 against the over/under
New York Rangers Injuries
03/16/17 RW Jesper Fast Lower Body is upgraded to probable Friday vs. Florida
03/11/17 GO Henrik Lundqvist Lower Body out indefinitely
03/04/17 D Kevin Klein Upper Body out indefinitely
02/28/17 D Dan Girardi Ankle out indefinitely
Minnesota Wild Injuries
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
03/17/17 C Martin Hanzal Illness missed last game, "?" Saturday vs. NY Rangers
03/14/17 D Gustav Olofsson Upper Body out indefinitely
03/05/17 D Christian Folin Arm out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota -170
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.