New York Rangers at Montreal Canadiens NHL Picks & Parlay 10/28/2017
Saturday, October 28, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers head to Bell Centre to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, October 28, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Rangers at +122 and the Canadiens at -135.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 3-6-2 this year and away from home they have a record of 0-2-0. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 30 goals and surrendered 38 goals for a point differential of -8. For the year they have an ATS mark of 3-8-0 and an over/under record of 6-5-0. Montreal has a record of 2-7-1, including 1-2-1 on home ice this year. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 18 goals and have given up 38 for a goal differential of -20. Their record against the spread is 2-8-0 while their over/under mark is 6-3-0.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 3-8-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 6-5-0 against the over/under this season
Important Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 2-8-0 straight up this year
The Montreal Canadiens are 6-3-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
10/24/17 D David Schlemko Hand IR (10/24)
10/22/17 RW Ales Hemsky Upper Body IR (10/22)
Henrik Lundqvist has 2 wins and 4 losses this season in goal for the Rangers. He has 260 shots against him and he's surrendered 26 goals. He's made 234 stops for a save percentage of 90%. Kevin Shattenkirk has scored 7 total points this year for the Rangers. He has 2 goals this season with 19 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 5 assists on the year and averages 21.2 minutes played per contest. Mats Zuccarello averages 19.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 2 goals on 16 attempts. He has 6 assists, giving him a total of 8 points on the year.
Brendan Gallagher has 5 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 3 goals this year with 30 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 2 assists on the year and averages 14.8 minutes played per contest. Carey Price has 2 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has 265 shots against him and he's given up 30 goals. He's made 235 saves for a save percentage of 89%. Jonathan Drouin averages 18.8 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 2 goals on 30 attempts. He has 5 assists, giving him a total of 7 points on the year.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have given up 39 power play opportunities and surrendered 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77% this season. That is 25th in the league. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.50% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, ranking them 26th in the NHL at stopping the puck. The Rangers are 27th overall with 8 total points this year. They are 14th in the league with 30 goals and 5th in goals allowed with 38. They've had 43 power play chances and scored 8 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That is 13th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Canadiens are 31st with a total of 18 goals scored while they are 4th with 38 goals surrendered this season. They average 38 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 4.69%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 88%, putting them 30th in the league. The Canadiens have a total of 5 points this season, which is 30th in the NHL. They have had 5 power play goals on 41 chances for a percentage of 12%. That is 29th overall. They've given up 33 power play opportunities and surrendered 7 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 21st when short-handed.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've tried 574 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 550 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 10th in Corsi percentage. They are 10th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 50.9% as they have 437 shots while they've given up 421 attempts on defense. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 57.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 42.6% for the year. That puts them 4th and 30th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 305 face-off wins as opposed to 284 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.8%. That is 10th overall in the NHL. On defense New York has 239 hits and they've blocked 129 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 21st in the league.
The Canadiens are 3rd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56.7% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 43.3% for the season, which is 29th in the NHL. They have 299 face-off wins compared to 351 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 46%. That is 29th in the league. On defense Montreal has 240 hits and they have blocked 137 shots from the opposition, which is 13th in the league. Montreal is 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 55.5% as they've attempted 689 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 552 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 55.3% ranks 3rd as they have 513 attempts while they have given up 415 shots on the defensive end.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction? Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New York +122 and over 5.5 total goals Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Parlays Pundit's Pick: Take New York +122 and over 5.5 total goals
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.