New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Picks & Predictions 11/2/2017
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, November 2, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at +150 and the Lightning at -166.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 4-7-2 this season and on the road they have a record of 0-3-0. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 40 goals and given up 47 goals for a point differential of -7. For the season they have an ATS record of 3-9-0 and an over/under record of 7-5-0. Tampa Bay is 10-2-1 including 6-1-0 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 53 goals and surrendered 36 for a goal differential of +17. Their record against the spread is 10-3-0 while their over/under record is 8-5-0.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 3-9-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 7-5-0 against the over/under this season
Important Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 10-3-0 straight up this year
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 8-5-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/26/17 C Cedric Paquette Upper Body is out indefinitely
Kevin Shattenkirk has accumulated 10 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 2 goals this year with 24 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 21.5 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello averages 19.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 3 goals on 20 shots. He has 7 assists, giving him a total of 10 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 3 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has 294 shots against him and he's given up 30 goals. He's made 264 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Nikita Kucherov has scored 21 total points this year for the Lightning. He has 13 goals this season with 50 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 26%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brayden Point averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 23% by scoring 6 goals on 26 shots. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 14 points on the season. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 10 wins and 1 loss this year in goal for the Lightning. He has 368 shots against him and he's surrendered 27 goals. He's made 341 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have 10 total points this season, which ranks them 26th in the NHL. They are 11th in the league in goals scored with 40 while they've given up 47 goals, ranking them 3rd overall. They have had 52 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 10th in the NHL. The Rangers have allowed 48 power play opportunities and have given up 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, putting them 22nd in the league when short-handed. They average 32 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.59% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%. That puts them 28th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Lightning are 2nd in the NHL with a total of 21 points this year. They have 16 power play goals on 54 opportunities for a percentage of 30%. That ranks them 2nd in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 51 power play opportunities and have given up 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. That is 18th in the NHL. As a team, the Lightning are 1st in the league with 53 goals scored while they've given up 36 goals, which is 12th overall. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 12.96%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%. That is 7th in the NHL.
New York is 9th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.1%, as they've attempted 760 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 728 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.7% as they have 575 attempts while they have given up 559 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 9th in the league. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 55.3% of the time, which is 5th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.7% for the season. That is 27th overall in the NHL. They have 409 face-off wins compared to 377 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52%. That ranks them 11th in the league. On defense New York has 296 hits and they have blocked 169 shots from the opposition, putting them 15th overall.
The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the year. That ranks them 7th and 25th respectively in the NHL. They have 407 face-off wins as opposed to 420 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.2%. That is 22nd in the league. On defense Tampa Bay has 254 hits and they've blocked 174 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 13th in blocked shots. Tampa Bay is ranked 11th in Corsi percentage with 50.5% as they've tried 772 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 756 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 12th in the NHL at 50.5%, as they have 594 shots while they've given up 582 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Rangers/Lightning NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay -166 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay -166
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.