Friday, February 24, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to PNC Arena to play the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, February 24, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +119 and the Hurricanes at -131. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 58 games. They have an overall record of 32-20-6 and on the road they have a record of 16-10-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 158 goals and given up 153 goals for a point differential of +5. The Senators have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-26 and an over/under record of 23-33-2. Carolina shows up with a record of 24-24-8 including 17-8-2 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 142 goals and surrendered 165 for a goal differential of -23. The Hurricanes have a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-32 while their over/under record sits at 23-25-8.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Kyle Turris has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Senators. He has 20 goals this season with 123 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19.6 minutes played per game. Erik Karlsson has averaged 26.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 10 goals on 146 shots. He has 42 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Mike Condon has 17 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 900 shots against him and has given up 78 goals. He has made 822 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Jeff Skinner has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 20 goals this season with 197 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 17.6 minutes played per game. Victor Rask has averaged 17.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 13 goals on 129 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Cam Ward has 21 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 1,307 shots against him and has given up 125 goals. He has made 1,182 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Senators have 70 total points this season. They have scored 158 goals while giving up 153 goals. They have had 183 power play opportunities and have scored 32 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 181 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.18% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have a total of 56 points on the season. They have 28 power play goals on 167 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 146 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 142 goals scored while they've given up 165 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.48%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 48.6% as they've attempted 3,230 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,422 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.1% as they have 2,376 attempts while they've given up 2,467 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the season. They have 1,836 face off wins compared to 1,756 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense Ottawa has 1,537 hits and they've blocked 955 shots from the opposition.
Carolina has attempted 3,255 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,951 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.8% as they have 2,366 shots while they've given up 2,204 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes have an offensive zone percentage of 56.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 43.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.2% as they've compiled 1,654 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,514 face off losses. On defense Carolina has blocked 747 shot attempts and they have 1,022 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 28-26 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 23-33-2 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 22-32 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 23-25-8 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
02/21/17 LW Mike Hoffman Groin doubtful Friday vs Carolina
02/20/17 RW Bobby Ryan Finger out indefinitely
02/19/17 RW Mark Stone Neck out indefinitely
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
11/11/16 LW Bryan Bickell Illness out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Carolina -131
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.