Thursday, January 19, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 42 games. They have an overall record of 23-15-4 and on the road they have a record of 10-8-0. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 111 goals and given up 111 goals for a point differential of 0. The Senators have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 20-19 and an over/under record of 18-22-2. Columbus shows up with a record of 30-9-4 including 17-4-1 at home this season. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 145 goals and surrendered 96 for a goal differential of +49. The Blue Jackets have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 28-13 while their over/under record sits at 16-23-4.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 22% by scoring 15 goals on 68 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Mike Condon has 11 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 586 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 536 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Zach Werenski has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 108 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Cam Atkinson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 21 goals on 128 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 27 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 985 shots against him and has given up 67 goals. He has made 918 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have 50 total points this season. They have scored 111 goals while giving up 111 goals. They have had 131 power play opportunities and have scored 23 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 136 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.19% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 64 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 131 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 25%. They have allowed 120 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 145 goals scored while they've given up 96 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 11.09%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.7% as they've attempted 2,281 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,503 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.2% as they have 1,666 attempts while they've given up 1,787 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.9% for the season. They have 1,306 face off wins compared to 1,293 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.3%. On defense Ottawa has 1,123 hits and they've blocked 716 shots from the opposition.
Columbus has attempted 2,384 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,423 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 1,799 shots while they've given up 1,796 attempts on defense. The Blue Jackets have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.8% as they've compiled 1,242 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,356 face off losses. On defense Columbus has blocked 627 shot attempts and they have 812 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 20-19 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 18-22-2 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 28-13 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 16-23-4 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Groin out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
10/10/16 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
01/17/17 D Markus Nutivaara Undisclosed "?" Thursday vs Ottawa
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.