Sunday, March 19, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators head to Bell Centre to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday, March 19, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Senators at +113 and the Canadiens at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this game having played 69 games. They have an overall record of 39-23-7 and away from home they have a record of 20-12-0. The currently are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 184 goals and surrendered 177 goals for a point differential of +7. The Senators have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-30 and an over/under record of 27-40-2. Montreal shows up with a record of 39-23-8 including 20-10-4 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 191 goals and surrendered 176 for a goal differential of +15. The Canadiens have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-31 while their over/under record sits at 26-31-13.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 63 total points this season for the Senators. He has 13 goals this season with 189 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 50 assists on the season and averages 26.7 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 23 goals on 147 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Mike Condon has 18 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,040 shots against him and has given up 89 goals. He has made 951 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 15 goals this season with 125 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 18.2 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 33 goals on 236 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Carey Price has 31 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,545 shots against him and has given up 120 goals. He has made 1,425 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 85 total points this season. They have scored 184 goals while giving up 177 goals. They have had 215 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 216 power play opportunities and given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.86% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Canadiens have a total of 86 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 205 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 227 power play opportunities and have given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 191 goals scored while they've given up 176 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.18%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 48.1% as they've attempted 3,838 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,139 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.8% as they have 2,838 attempts while they've given up 2,978 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48% for the season. They have 2,169 face off wins compared to 2,068 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.2%. On defense has 1,776 hits and they've blocked 1,161 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 4,025 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,852 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51% as they have 2,916 shots while they've given up 2,803 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50% as they've compiled 2,154 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,151 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,049 shot attempts and they have 1,533 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 35-30 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 27-40-2 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 37-31 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 26-31-13 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/18/17 GO Craig Anderson Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Montreal
03/18/17 D Mark Borowiecki Lower Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Montreal
03/13/17 RW Mark Stone Lower Body out indefinitely
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/18/17 D Alexei Emelin Illness is downgraded to expected to miss Saturday vs. Ottawa
03/17/17 RW Alexander Radulov Illness is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Ottawa
03/16/17 D Nikita Nesterov Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs Ottawa
03/14/17 C Brian Flynn Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Ottawa
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa +113
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.