Saturday, March 25, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Ottawa Senators travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +143 and the Canadiens at -158. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 73 games. They have an overall record of 41-24-8 and on the road they have a record of 21-13-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 193 goals and given up 188 goals for a point differential of +5. The Senators have an overall record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 36-32 and an over/under record of 28-42-3. Montreal shows up with a record of 41-24-9 including 21-11-5 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 201 goals and surrendered 186 for a goal differential of +15. The Canadiens have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 38-33 while their over/under record sits at 27-32-15.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 36-32 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 28-42-3 against the over/under
Important Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 38-33 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 27-32-15 against the over/under
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/24/17 D Marc Methot Finger out indefinitely
03/13/17 RW Mark Stone Lower Body out indefinitely
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/24/17 D Nikita Nesterov Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Ottawa
03/24/17 C Brian Flynn Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Ottawa
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 67 total points this season for the Senators. He has 14 goals this season with 202 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 53 assists on the season and averages 26.9 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 25 goals on 163 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Mike Condon has 19 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,075 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 985 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 15 goals this season with 133 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 33 assists on the season and averages 18.2 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 33 goals on 246 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Carey Price has 33 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,629 shots against him and has given up 127 goals. He has made 1,502 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators have 90 total points this season. They have scored 193 goals while giving up 188 goals. They have had 228 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 229 power play opportunities and given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.81% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 42 power play goals on 214 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 236 power play opportunities and have given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 201 goals scored while they've given up 186 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.10%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.9% as they've attempted 4,038 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,384 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.6% as they have 2,990 attempts while they've given up 3,158 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48% for the season. They have 2,303 face off wins compared to 2,184 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.3%. On defense has 1,916 hits and they've blocked 1,226 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 4,258 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,082 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51% as they have 3,091 shots while they've given up 2,965 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.8% as they've compiled 2,267 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,283 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,117 shot attempts and they have 1,657 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Senators/Canadiens NHL game against the moneyline? Tony's Pick: Take Ottawa +143 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Ottawa +143
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.