Tuesday, January 17, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +145 and the Blues at -185. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 41 games. They have an overall record of 22-15-4 and on the road they have a record of 9-8-0. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 105 goals and given up 107 goals for a point differential of -2. The Senators have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 19-19 and an over/under record of 17-22-2. St. Louis shows up with a record of 23-16-5 including 16-5-4 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 124 goals and surrendered 129 for a goal differential of -5. The Blues have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-21 while their over/under record sits at 19-18-7.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 94 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 13 goals on 66 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Mike Condon has 10 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 563 shots against him and has given up 46 goals. He has made 517 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Blues. He has 20 goals this season with 147 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Kevin Shattenkirk has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 8 goals on 86 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Jake Allen has 17 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 841 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 757 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Senators have 48 total points this season. They have scored 105 goals while giving up 107 goals. They have had 129 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 134 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.87% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blues have a total of 51 points on the season. They have 31 power play goals on 142 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 156 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 124 goals scored while they've given up 129 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.18%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.7% as they've attempted 2,229 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,445 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.3% as they have 1,632 attempts while they've given up 1,748 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.8% for the season. They have 1,269 face off wins compared to 1,256 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.3%. On defense Ottawa has 1,093 hits and they've blocked 697 shots from the opposition.
St. Louis has attempted 2,304 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,264 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 1,720 shots while they've given up 1,684 attempts on defense. The Blues have an offensive zone percentage of 50.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 1,332 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,274 face off losses. On defense St. Louis has blocked 580 shot attempts and they have 878 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 19-19 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 17-22-2 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 22-21 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 19-18-7 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Groin out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
St. Louis Blues Injuries
No key injuries to report
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa +145
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.