Saturday, January 21, 2017
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +122 and the Maple Leafs at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 43 games. They have an overall record of 24-15-4 and on the road they have a record of 11-8-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 113 goals and given up 111 goals for a point differential of +2. The Senators have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-19 and an over/under record of 18-23-2. Toronto shows up with a record of 21-14-8 including 11-8-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 134 goals and surrendered 128 for a goal differential of +6. The Maple Leafs have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-22 while their over/under record sits at 21-21-1.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 15 goals on 73 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Mike Condon has 12 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 628 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 578 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 22 goals this season with 152 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 18 goals on 134 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 19 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,177 shots against him and has given up 97 goals. He has made 1,080 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 52 total points this season. They have scored 113 goals while giving up 111 goals. They have had 135 power play opportunities and have scored 23 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 139 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.14% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 50 points on the season. They have 31 power play goals on 133 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 146 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 134 goals scored while they've given up 128 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.54%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.5% as they've attempted 2,340 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,584 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48% as they have 1,707 attempts while they've given up 1,846 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.2% for the season. They have 1,344 face off wins compared to 1,325 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.4%. On defense Ottawa has 1,137 hits and they've blocked 738 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 2,634 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,633 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.7% as they have 1,980 shots while they've given up 2,000 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 49.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.8% as they've compiled 1,282 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,343 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 633 shot attempts and they have 1,053 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 21-19 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 18-23-2 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 20-22 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 21-21-1 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/21/16 RW Ben Smith Hand out indefinitely
12/13/16 D Martin Marincin Back out 4-6 weeks
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
01/19/17 D Morgan Rielly Knee "?" Saturday vs Ottawa
Guy's Pick: Take Toronto -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.