Saturday, February 18, 2017
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators head to Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, February 18, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Senators at +115 and the Maple Leafs at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this game having played 55 games. They have an overall record of 29-19-6 and away from home they have a record of 14-10-0. The currently are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 148 goals and surrendered 146 goals for a point differential of +2. The Senators have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 25-25 and an over/under record of 22-31-2. Toronto shows up with a record of 26-19-11 including 14-9-4 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 174 goals and surrendered 167 for a goal differential of +7. The Maple Leafs have a record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 25-30 while their over/under record sits at 26-28-2.
Mark Stone has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Senators. He has 20 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 21%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Erik Karlsson has averaged 27 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 8 goals on 131 shots. He has 38 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Mike Condon has 16 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 859 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 784 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Nazem Kadri has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 23 goals this season with 167 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Auston Matthews has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 27 goals on 196 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 23 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,463 shots against him and has given up 124 goals. He has made 1,339 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 64 total points this season. They have scored 145 goals while giving up 146 goals. They have had 171 power play opportunities and have scored 28 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Senators have allowed 174 power play opportunities and given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.14% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 63 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 168 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 181 power play opportunities and have given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 174 goals scored while they've given up 167 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.49%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 48.6% as they've attempted 3,013 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,189 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.8% as they have 2,195 attempts while they've given up 2,305 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.3% for the season. They have 1,724 face off wins compared to 1,642 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.2%. On defense Ottawa has 1,417 hits and they've blocked 884 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 3,449 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,389 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.2% as they have 2,587 shots while they've given up 2,568 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 50.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they've compiled 1,693 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,738 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 821 shot attempts and they have 1,377 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 25-25 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 22-31-2 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 25-30 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 26-28-2 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
02/16/17 D Marc Methot Illness "?" Saturday vs Toronto
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
02/16/17 C Mitchell Marner Shoulder "?" Saturday vs. Ottawa
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa +115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.