Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Philadelphia Flyers head to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at -123 and the Devils at +111.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 79 games. They have an overall record of 38-33-8 and on the road they have a record of 14-22-4. Currently they are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 212 goals and given up 229 goals for a point differential of -17. The Flyers have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-41 and an over/under record of 35-36-8. New Jersey shows up with a record of 27-37-14 including 15-15-8 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 175 goals and surrendered 229 for a goal differential of -54. The Devils have a record of 2-6-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-51 while their over/under record sits at 28-30-20.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 31-41 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 35-36-8 against the over/under
Important New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 24-51 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 28-30-20 against the over/under
Key Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
04/02/17 GO Michal Neuvirth Illness "?" Tuesday vs. New Jersey
04/02/17 C Nick Cousins Concussion "?" Tuesday vs. New Jersey
04/02/17 D Radko Gudas Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs. New Jersey
03/31/17 RW Matt Read Upper Body out for season
03/01/17 LW Michael Raffl Lower Body out indefinitely
Key New Jersey Devils Injuries
04/02/17 C Jacob Josefson Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs. Philadelphia
03/18/17 RW Devante Smith-Pelly Lower Body out indefinitely
Claude Giroux has accumulated 57 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 14 goals this season with 192 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 19.2 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 30 goals on 213 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Steve Mason has 25 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,507 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,367 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 51 total points this season for the Devils. He has 19 goals this season with 224 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 19.3 minutes played per game. Kyle Palmieri has averaged 17.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 25 goals on 182 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 50 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 20 wins and 25 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,718 shots against him and has given up 152 goals. He has made 1,566 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flyers have 84 total points this season. They have scored 212 goals while giving up 229 goals. They have had 269 power play opportunities and have scored 53 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Flyers have allowed 237 power play opportunities and given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.54% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Devils have a total of 68 points on the season. They have 43 power play goals on 237 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 247 power play opportunities and have given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 175 goals scored while they've given up 229 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.14%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 52% as they've attempted 4,765 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,397 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.7% as they have 3,500 attempts while they've given up 3,136 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 54.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.5% for the season. They have 2,462 face off wins compared to 2,254 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.2%. On defense Philadelphia has 1,993 hits and they've blocked 1,261 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 3,800 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,349 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.7% as they have 2,943 shots while they've given up 3,359 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 46.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 2,316 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,369 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 990 shot attempts and they have 1,552 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Flyers/Devils NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Philadelphia -123 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Philadelphia -123
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.