Sunday, March 26, 2017
Consol Energy Center
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, March 26, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +197 and the Penguins at -220. The over/under has been set at 6.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 73 games. They have an overall record of 34-31-8 and on the road they have a record of 13-20-4. Currently they are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 191 goals and given up 217 goals for a point differential of -26. The Flyers have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-39 and an over/under record of 32-33-8. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 46-17-11 including 29-4-4 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 256 goals and surrendered 205 for a goal differential of +51. The Penguins have a record of 6-1-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 43-28 while their over/under record sits at 43-27-4.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 28-39 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 32-33-8 against the over/under
Important Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 43-28 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 43-27-4 against the over/under
Key Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
03/24/17 C Nick Cousins Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Columbus
03/01/17 LW Michael Raffl Lower Body out indefinitely
Key Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
10/29/16 RW Daniel Sprong Shoulder out indefinitely
03/25/17 C Evgeni Malkin Upper Body "?" Sunday vs. Philadelphia
03/25/17 LW Scott Wilson Lower Body "?" Sunday vs. Philadelphia
03/25/17 LW Tom Sestito Upper Body "?" Sunday vs. Philadelphia
03/22/17 C Jake Guentzel Concussion out indefinitely
03/17/17 D Ron Hainsey Undisclosed out indefinitely
03/12/17 LW Carl Hagelin Lower Body out indefinitely
03/04/17 D Kris Letang Upper Body out indefinitely
02/23/17 D Trevor Daley Knee expected to miss 4-6 weeks
02/17/17 D Olli Maatta Hand expected to miss 6 weeks
Claude Giroux has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 14 goals this season with 180 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 39 assists on the season and averages 19.3 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 19.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 29 goals on 199 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Steve Mason has 22 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,411 shots against him and has given up 133 goals. He has made 1,278 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 72 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 33 goals this season with 191 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 39 assists on the season and averages 18.6 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 42 goals on 237 shots. He has 40 assists giving him a total of 82 points on the season. Matthew Murray has 28 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1,273 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 1,177 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flyers have 76 total points this season. They have scored 191 goals while giving up 217 goals. They have had 251 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Flyers have allowed 220 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.36% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Penguins have a total of 103 points on the season. They have 54 power play goals on 243 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 239 power play opportunities and have given up 47 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 256 goals scored while they've given up 205 goals to this point. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.13%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 52.2% as they've attempted 4,438 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,062 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.8% as they have 3,242 attempts while they've given up 2,900 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 55.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.9% for the season. They have 2,261 face off wins compared to 2,098 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.9%. On defense Philadelphia has 1,829 hits and they've blocked 1,162 shots from the opposition.
Pittsburgh has attempted 4,406 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,353 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.4% as they have 3,352 shots while they've given up 3,172 attempts on defense. The Penguins have an offensive zone percentage of 54% and their defensive zone percentage is 46% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.7% as they've compiled 2,221 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,437 face off losses. On defense Pittsburgh has blocked 1,181 shot attempts and they have 1,837 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Flyers/Penguins NHL game against the moneyline? Tony's Pick: Take Pittsburgh -220 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Pittsburgh -220
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.