Friday, March 10, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Rexall Place to play the Edmonton Oilers on Friday, March 10, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at -118 and the Oilers at +107. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup having played 65 games. They have an overall record of 41-16-8 and on the road they have a record of 14-12-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 230 goals and given up 184 goals for a point differential of +46. The Penguins have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-24 and an over/under record of 40-21-4. Edmonton shows up with a record of 35-23-8 including 16-11-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 188 goals and surrendered 174 for a goal differential of +14. The Oilers have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 31-31 while their over/under record sits at 25-37-4.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 31 goals this season with 176 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 39 assists on the season and averages 18.5 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 34 goals on 198 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 70 points on the season. Matthew Murray has 25 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1,122 shots against him and has given up 86 goals. He has made 1,036 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Connor McDavid has accumulated 74 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 22 goals this season with 194 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 52 assists on the season and averages 21.2 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 18.9 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 23 goals on 142 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 55 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 33 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 1,723 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,583 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Penguins have 90 total points this season. They have scored 230 goals while giving up 184 goals. They have had 216 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Penguins have allowed 217 power play opportunities and given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 34 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.40% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Oilers have a total of 78 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 190 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 183 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 188 goals scored while they've given up 174 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.19%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Pittsburgh has a Corsi percentage of 50.2% as they've attempted 3,855 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,828 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.3% as they have 2,939 attempts while they've given up 2,788 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 1,982 face off wins compared to 2,145 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48%. On defense has 1,641 hits and they've blocked 1,040 shots from the opposition.
Edmonton has attempted 3,764 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,656 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.2% as they have 2,812 shots while they've given up 2,678 attempts on defense. The Oilers have an offensive zone percentage of 51.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 46.7% as they've compiled 1,847 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,108 face off losses. On defense has blocked 978 shot attempts and they have 1,651 hits as a unit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 39-24 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 40-21-4 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 31-31 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 25-37-4 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
10/29/16 RW Daniel Sprong Shoulder out indefinitely
10/21/16 D Derrick Pouliot Lower Body out indefinitely
03/09/17 RW Patric Hornqvist Concussion doubtful Friday vs. Edmonton
03/04/17 D Kris Letang Upper Body out indefinitely
02/23/17 D Trevor Daley Knee expected to miss 4-6 weeks
02/17/17 D Olli Maatta Hand expected to miss 6 weeks
02/13/17 RW Bryan Rust Arm out indefinitely
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/26/16 RW Tyler Pitlick Knee expected to miss 4 months
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out for season
02/18/17 LW Benoit Pouliot Undisclosed out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Edmonton +107
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.