Wednesday, January 18, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup having played 43 games. They have an overall record of 26-11-5 and on the road they have a record of 8-9-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 153 goals and given up 131 goals for a point differential of +22. The Penguins have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 25-16 and an over/under record of 28-11-4. Montreal shows up with a record of 27-11-6 including 16-4-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 138 goals and surrendered 113 for a goal differential of +25. The Canadiens have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-18 while their over/under record sits at 20-17-8.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 18 goals this season with 128 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 26 goals on 122 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 13 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 826 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 747 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 10 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 20 goals on 137 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Carey Price has 21 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 936 shots against him and has given up 74 goals. He has made 862 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Penguins have 57 total points this season. They have scored 145 goals while giving up 124 goals. They have had 149 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Penguins have allowed 147 power play opportunities and given up 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 35 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.97% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Canadiens have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 30 power play goals on 138 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 157 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 138 goals scored while they've given up 112 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.21%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Pittsburgh has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 2,546 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,454 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.8% as they have 1,930 attempts while they've given up 1,797 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season. They have 1,281 face off wins compared to 1,398 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense Pittsburgh has 1,028 hits and they've blocked 657 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 2,566 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,465 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.2% as they have 1,876 shots while they've given up 1,790 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 49.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 1,374 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,370 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 675 shot attempts and they have 933 hits as a unit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 25-16 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 28-11-4 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 26-18 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-17-8 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/28/16 D Brian Dumoulin Jaw expected to miss 6-8 weeks
10/29/16 RW Daniel Sprong Shoulder out indefinitely
10/21/16 D Derrick Pouliot Lower Body out indefinitely
01/16/17 D Kris Letang Knee out indefinitely
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/16/17 D Andrei Markov Groin "?" Wednesday vs Pittsburgh
01/04/17 RW Brendan Gallagher Hand expected to miss 8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Montreal
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.