Sunday, June 11, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Sunday in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Penguins lead the series 3-2 after winning 6-0 in Game 5. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at -137 and the Predators at +117.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh had an overall record of 50-21-11 and on the road they were 19-15-7. They finished 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 282 goals and given up 234 goals for a point differential of +48. For the season they have an ATS record of 46-31 and an over/under record of 47-30-5. Nashville had a regular season record of 41-29-12 including 24-9-8 at home. They were 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 240 goals and surrendered 224 for a goal differential of +16. Their record against the spread is 39-41 while their over/under record sits at 41-35-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 46-31 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 47-30-5 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-41 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-35-6 against the over/under
Key Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
06/08/17 C Nick Bonino Lower Body "?" Sunday vs. Nashville
04/05/17 D Kris Letang Upper Body out for season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
06/08/17 LW Colin Wilson Lower Body "?" Sunday vs. Pittsburgh
06/08/17 D Ryan Ellis Undisclosed left last game, "?" Sunday vs. Pittsburgh
05/19/17 C Ryan Johansen Thigh out for season
04/27/17 LW Kevin Fiala Lower Body out for season
Phil Kessel has accumulated 70 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 23 goals this season with 229 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 17.9 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 44 goals on 255 shots. He has 45 assists giving him a total of 89 points on the season. Matthew Murray has 32 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1,450 shots against him and has given up 111 goals. He has made 1,339 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Viktor Arvidsson has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 31 goals this season with 246 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Ryan Johansen has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 14 goals on 154 shots. He has 47 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,757 shots against him and has given up 144 goals. He has made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Penguins have 111 total points this season. They have scored 282 goals while giving up 234 goals. They have had 260 power play opportunities and have scored 60 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Penguins have allowed 257 power play opportunities and given up 52 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.27% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 94 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 259 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 241 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 240 goals scored while they've given up 224 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Pittsburgh has a Corsi percentage of 49.8% as they've attempted 4,814 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,855 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.7% as they have 3,648 attempts while they've given up 3,548 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.6% for the season. They have 2,452 face off wins compared to 2,702 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.6%. On defense Pittsburgh has 2,060 hits and they've blocked 1,307 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,776 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,570 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 3,545 shots while they've given up 3,460 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.4% as they've compiled 2,599 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,453 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,110 shot attempts and they have 1,660 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Penguins/Predators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Nashville +117 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville +117
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.