Tuesday, February 7, 2017
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday, February 7, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at -145 and the Sabres at +131. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 53 games. They have an overall record of 33-17-3 and on the road they have a record of 15-10-1. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 144 goals and given up 121 goals for a point differential of +23. The Sharks have an overall record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-20 and an over/under record of 12-24-17. Buffalo shows up with a record of 21-20-10 including 12-8-4 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 125 goals and surrendered 143 for a goal differential of -18. The Sabres have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-30 while their over/under record sits at 21-25-5.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 17 goals this season with 166 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 22 goals on 205 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 55 points on the season. Martin Jones has 27 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,191 shots against him and has given up 97 goals. He has made 1,094 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 11 goals this season with 113 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 16 goals on 127 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 13 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,084 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 1,000 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have 69 total points this season. They have scored 144 goals while giving up 121 goals. They have had 167 power play opportunities and have scored 29 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Sharks have allowed 138 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 35 power play goals on 157 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 149 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 125 goals scored while they've given up 143 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.20%. As a team they give up 34 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 51.2% as they've attempted 3,088 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,946 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.1% as they have 2,279 attempts while they've given up 2,092 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 52.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.6% for the season. They have 1,469 face off wins compared to 1,616 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.6%. On defense San Jose has 1,031 hits and they've blocked 854 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 2,732 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,053 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.9% as they have 2,070 shots while they've given up 2,346 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 48.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.6% as they've compiled 1,572 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,532 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 707 shot attempts and they have 1,231 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 31-20 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 12-24-17 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 20-30 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 21-25-5 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/03/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body out indefinitely
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Lower Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/31/16 C Johan Larsson Wrist out for season
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
02/05/17 D Zach Bogosian Ribs is downgraded to expected to miss Monday vs. New Jersey
02/04/17 LW William Carrier Knee out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Buffalo +131
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.