Wednesday, January 18, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Staples Center to play the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 25-16-2 and on the road they have a record of 11-10-1. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 117 goals and given up 102 goals for a point differential of +15. The Sharks have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-18 and an over/under record of 10-21-13. Los Angeles shows up with a record of 22-17-4 including 14-7-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 111 goals and surrendered 110 for a goal differential of +1. The Kings have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-22 while their over/under record sits at 14-22-8.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 15 goals this season with 146 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 17 goals on 167 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Martin Jones has 21 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 972 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 890 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alec Martinez has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Kings. He has 6 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 23 goals on 132 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 20 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 879 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 806 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have 52 total points this season. They have scored 112 goals while giving up 100 goals. They have had 135 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Sharks have allowed 113 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.60% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 127 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 135 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 110 goals scored while they've given up 108 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.40%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 51.5% as they've attempted 2,533 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,382 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.2% as they have 1,852 attempts while they've given up 1,693 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 52.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.4% for the season. They have 1,214 face off wins compared to 1,314 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48%. On defense San Jose has 860 hits and they've blocked 689 shots from the opposition.
Los Angeles has attempted 2,567 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,162 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.4% as they have 1,880 shots while they've given up 1,573 attempts on defense. The Kings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 1,305 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,284 face off losses. On defense Los Angeles has blocked 589 shot attempts and they have 1,299 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 24-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 10-21-13 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 21-22 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 14-22-8 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/16/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body "?" Wednesday vs LA
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/27/16 C Tyler Toffoli Lower Body out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Tony's Pick: Take Los Angeles
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.