Saturday, March 25, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The San Jose Sharks head to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +127 and the Predators at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 73 games. They have an overall record of 42-24-7 and on the road they have a record of 19-14-3. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 198 goals and given up 169 goals for a point differential of +29. The Sharks have an overall record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 40-31 and an over/under record of 17-34-22. Nashville shows up with a record of 37-25-11 including 22-8-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 215 goals and surrendered 203 for a goal differential of +12. The Predators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 35-36 while their over/under record sits at 39-29-5.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 40-31 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 17-34-22 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 35-36 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 39-29-5 against the over/under
Key San Jose Sharks Injuries
03/23/17 C Danny O'Regan Upper Body "?" Friday vs. Dallas
03/21/17 D Marc-Edouard Vlasic Illness "?" Friday vs. Dallas
03/20/17 C Melker Karlsson Lower Body "?" Friday vs. Dallas
03/20/17 RW Jannik Hansen Upper Body "?" Friday vs. Dallas
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Lower Body out indefinitely
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/24/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. San Jose
01/20/17 C Cody Bass Lower Body out for season
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 64 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 28 goals this season with 214 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 19.2 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 24.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 27 goals on 287 shots. He has 43 assists giving him a total of 70 points on the season. Martin Jones has 32 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,523 shots against him and has given up 128 goals. He has made 1,395 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Predators. He has 12 goals this season with 141 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 27 goals on 218 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 29 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,584 shots against him and has given up 133 goals. He has made 1,451 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Sharks have 91 total points this season. They have scored 198 goals while giving up 169 goals. They have had 223 power play opportunities and have scored 37 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Sharks have allowed 186 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.00% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 85 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 225 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 219 power play opportunities and have given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 215 goals scored while they've given up 203 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.45%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 50.7% as they've attempted 4,209 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,086 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.1% as they have 3,155 attempts while they've given up 2,900 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 53.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.6% for the season. They have 2,030 face off wins compared to 2,200 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48%. On defense San Jose has 1,393 hits and they've blocked 1,186 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,234 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,086 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,153 shots while they've given up 3,091 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 2,294 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,191 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 995 shot attempts and they have 1,505 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Sharks/Predators NHL game against the moneyline? Tony's Pick: Take San Jose +127 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take San Jose +127
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.