San Jose Sharks at New York Rangers NHL Picks & Predictions 10/23/2017
Monday, October 23, 2017
Madison Square Garden
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The San Jose Sharks travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Monday, October 23, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +109 and the Rangers at -120.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose has a record of 3-4-0 this season and on the road they have a record of 1-1-0. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 19 goals and given up 21 goals for a point differential of -2. For the season they have an ATS record of 3-4-0 and an over/under record of 3-3-0. New York has a record of 2-5-2 including 2-3-2 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 24 goals and surrendered 32 for a goal differential of -8. Their record against the spread is 2-7-0 while their over/under record is 5-4-0.
Valuable San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 3-4-0 straight up this year
The San Jose Sharks are 3-3-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 2-7-0 straight up this year
The New York Rangers are 5-4-0 against the over/under this season
Key San Jose Sharks Injuries
10/15/17 C Rourke Chartier Concussion IR (10/03)
10/12/17 D Paul Martin Ankle IR (10/07)
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Martin Jones has 3 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has 142 shots against him and he's given up 12 goals. He's made 130 saves for a save percentage of 92%. Logan Couture has accumulated 8 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 6 goals this year with 19 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 32%. He has a total of 2 assists on the season and averages 17.6 minutes played per game. Kevin Labanc averages 15.4 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 27% by scoring 3 goals on 11 shots. He has 2 assists, giving him a total of 5 points on the season.
Mats Zuccarello has scored 7 total points this year for the Rangers. He has 2 goals this season with 16 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 5 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Henrik Lundqvist has 2 wins and 3 losses this year in goal for the Rangers. He has 236 shots against him and he's surrendered 22 goals. He's made 214 saves for a save percentage of 91%. Kevin Shattenkirk averages 21.9 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 2 goals on 18 shots. He has 5 assists, giving him a total of 7 points on the season.
Useful Team Statistics
The Sharks have allowed 30 power play opportunities and have given up 4 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87% this year. That is 5th in the NHL. They average 32 shots per game and as a team shoot 8.41% for the season. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is ranked 22nd in the league. The Sharks has 6 total points this season, ranking 28th in the NHL in offense. They are 25th in the league with 19 goals while they've given up 21 goals, which is 26th overall. They have had 30 power play opportunities and scored 7 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. That is 9th in the NHL.
Useful Team Statistics
As a team, the Rangers are 17th with 24 goals scored while they are 5th in the NHL with 32 goals allowed this year. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.30%. They give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them in 26th place in the league. The Rangers have a total of 6 points this year, which is 27th in the NHL. They have 8 power play goals on 35 opportunities for a percentage of 23%. That ranks their power play unit 11th. They've allowed 35 power play opportunities and have given up 8 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%, which is 22nd overall.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 53.2% as they've tried 321 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 282 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 8th in Corsi percentage. They are 6th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 54.4% as they have 234 shots while they've given up 196 attempts on defense. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the year. That puts them 22nd and 9th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 162 face-off wins as opposed to 140 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 53.6%. That is 4th overall in the NHL. On defense San Jose has 102 hits and they've blocked 86 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 23rd in the league.
The Rangers are 4th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 43.8% for the season, which is 28th in the NHL. They have 250 face-off wins compared to 236 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.4%. That is 17th in the league. On defense New York has 202 hits and they have blocked 104 shots from the opposition, which is 7th in the league. New York is 13th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.3% as they've attempted 477 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 452 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.3% ranks 11th as they have 367 attempts while they have given up 348 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Sharks/Rangers NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take New York -120 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take New York -120
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.