Tuesday, January 24, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks head to MTS Centre to take on the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Sharks at -135 and the Jets at +122. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this game having played 47 games. They have an overall record of 29-16-2 and away from home they have a record of 12-10-1. The currently are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 125 goals and surrendered 107 goals for a point differential of +18. The Sharks have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 27-18 and an over/under record of 10-22-15. Winnipeg shows up with a record of 22-23-4 including 13-9-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 140 goals and surrendered 151 for a goal differential of -11. The Jets have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-27 while their over/under record sits at 22-21-6.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 16 goals this season with 156 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 19 goals on 182 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Martin Jones has 24 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,057 shots against him and has given up 88 goals. He has made 969 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Mark Scheifele has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Jets. He has 21 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 22%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 15 goals on 149 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 16 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 916 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 831 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have 60 total points this season. They have scored 125 goals while giving up 107 goals. They have had 147 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Sharks have allowed 122 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.83% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Jets have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 29 power play goals on 157 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 177 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 140 goals scored while they've given up 151 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.82%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've attempted 2,749 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,614 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.1% as they have 2,018 attempts while they've given up 1,853 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 52.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.6% for the season. They have 1,333 face off wins compared to 1,421 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.4%. On defense San Jose has 934 hits and they've blocked 761 shots from the opposition.
Winnipeg has attempted 2,579 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,699 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.9% as they have 1,940 shots while they've given up 2,028 attempts on defense. The Jets have an offensive zone percentage of 49.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.8% as they've compiled 1,381 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,507 face off losses. On defense Winnipeg has blocked 671 shot attempts and they have 1,118 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 27-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 10-22-15 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 20-27 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 22-21-6 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/22/17 F Timo Meier Upper Body expected to miss 5-7 days
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/30/16 D Marko Dano Lower Body expected to miss 8 weeks
11/23/16 D Tyler Myers Personal out indefinitely
01/22/17 RW Drew Stafford Lower Body is downgraded to expected to miss Monday vs. Anaheim
01/13/17 D Ben Chiarot Lower Body out indefinitely
01/07/17 RW Patrik Laine Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take San Jose -135
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.