Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The St. Louis Blues head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday, February 7, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Blues at +122 and the Senators at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
St. Louis comes into this game having played 52 games. They have an overall record of 25-22-5 and away from home they have a record of 8-13-1. The currently are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 147 goals and surrendered 162 goals for a point differential of -15. The Blues have an overall record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-27 and an over/under record of 24-20-8. Ottawa shows up with a record of 27-17-6 including 14-7-6 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 137 goals and surrendered 135 for a goal differential of +2. The Senators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 23-23 while their over/under record sits at 21-27-2.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Blues. He has 23 goals this season with 170 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Kevin Shattenkirk has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 11 goals on 105 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Jake Allen has 18 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 934 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 838 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Senators. He has 8 goals this season with 120 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 18 goals on 91 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Mike Condon has 15 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 826 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 753 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Blues have 55 total points this season. They have scored 147 goals while giving up 162 goals. They have had 158 power play opportunities and have scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Blues have allowed 182 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.23% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%.
The Senators have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 28 power play goals on 161 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 161 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Blues have a total of 137 goals scored while they've given up 135 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.35%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
St. Louis has a Corsi percentage of 50.4% as they've attempted 2,715 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,668 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 2,027 attempts while they've given up 1,981 shots on the defensive end. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the season. They have 1,591 face off wins compared to 1,515 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.2%. On defense St. Louis has 1,078 hits and they've blocked 687 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,769 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,953 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.8% as they have 2,029 shots while they've given up 2,129 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage is 48% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.8% as they've compiled 1,587 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,539 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 824 shot attempts and they have 1,296 hits as a unit.
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 24-27 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 24-20-8 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 23-23 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 21-27-2 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Injuries
02/05/17 C Robby Fabbri ACL out for season
01/26/17 C Kyle Brodziak Foot out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/31/17 GO Craig Anderson Personal out another 2-3 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis +122
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.